PDA

View Full Version : Megan Racing 3" catback on a N/A ?

Ghettokracker71
02-24-2004, 08:40 PM
I got a N/A '91 FN and was wondering if anybody else has the Megan Racing cat-back on their N/A and impressions of it,and etc....I know its 3" piping,I have searched but came up with NOTHING,thats why I figured I just ask:)

TiNMAN
02-24-2004, 08:43 PM
ive heard of it from somewhere, oh wait, that was in the group buy section! my bad, other than that ive never heard of megan. megan? :tweak:

Ghettokracker71
02-24-2004, 08:45 PM
thats why I am asking....sorry,forgot to mention it ! Its a GB.....

S13SilviaGirl
02-24-2004, 10:16 PM
they have been around iirc for a while....also, wernt they originally for Hondas? I could be wrong....someone correct me if I am. Anyhow, RADHAZ has one on his s13....sucker is LOUD! hehehe ok, comparable to the N1 in the loudness...

jspecusa
02-25-2004, 02:41 AM
their office is located down the street from our shop.
from our FAQ.
There's no such thing as the "best" exhaust, there is the most "expensive" exhaust, but not necessary the best exhaust for you.
Choose an exhaust is base on your taste in looks, sound level, sound quality, and budget.
Most exhaust with the same diameter pipping will give you a few hp difference so the rest will be base on how it looks and sound.
If you are looking for maximum hp, then biggest pippig is the way to go, but be warned you will lose torque and gain sound level.
At the end, you get what you paid for like usual, high dollar exhaust usually have better quality welding and better material used.
We suggest you go to car meets and look/listen to each exhaust and find the "one" for you.
cheers,

sam

Ryan of Velocity
02-25-2004, 03:18 AM
One of the guys from our shop actually picked up one of the exhausts on ebay for 250 bucks or something stupid. Anywho it's a real nice system, polished, nice welds but it comes out "straight" and looks odd. They have the piping ran similar to the A'PEXi GTSpec until it gets near the diff where instead of continuing on straight and coming out at a lovely slant it curves like a bastard and comes out straight instead. We're just going to re-weld so it comes out as an angle exit so it doesn't look so weird.

nightwalker
02-25-2004, 03:58 AM
I saw the exhaust on one of the Sac guys' car while it was on a lift. It's actually pretty nice. Like Ryan said, cutting and rewelding it is recommended. This guy had his cut, and then rotated it a bit and welded it back on. I was surprised to see how nice and tucked up it was. I'll be getting one too.