PDA

View Full Version : New speed channel show, "tuner transformation"

WheelSpin18
02-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Just curious, who has seen it? Last week they "hooked up" an rx-8, and just today they did up a "awesome drifter", a 1989 240sx.Basically, every week they choose a viewer and hook up their car.They put a SR, kit(didn't catch what brand), silvia front end, skyline brakes, etc.What did u think about the final product? I'd post some pics but its not on their site yet, tunertransformation.com is the site off the top of my head.Damn the 240 is getting alot of attention...........oh well, at least the D1@irwindale will probably be on speed because of it :squint:

Bryants95240sx
02-24-2004, 07:11 PM
i forgot i had that channel lol

WheelSpin18
02-24-2004, 07:17 PM
lol, oh and if anyone cares to see it, its on again at 12:00 A.M. tonight(tomm, w/e u wanna call it) est time.

TiNMAN
02-24-2004, 07:20 PM
dang that sucks, i dont have that channel here. :rant:

Bryants95240sx
02-24-2004, 07:31 PM
Yea i already set the reminder thing on my tv so i can catch it

TiNMAN
02-24-2004, 07:35 PM
lol, maybe i do have it. hmm

tharubberbandman
02-24-2004, 07:39 PM
yeah thats show is hot but i think that they talk kinda to much and dont show thats much of the work that they are doing but the 240 was nicei just did not like that blue that much

Touring240
02-24-2004, 07:47 PM
boy was I shocked when I saw that on tv. turned out very nice. mmm 5 lug and work wheels. I thought the show was pretty good much better than Hi Rev tuners. woooaaaah apc exhaust! haha

Advan
02-24-2004, 07:52 PM
I was hoping that someone would make a threa don this. Omg, I loved the job they did on the 240sx. I do agree with you tharubberbandman. but they did an badass job on the 240. S13front, with a JSP carbon fiber spoiler, Wide body kit, and a pretty good paint job.
I didn't like the job they did on the RX8 though.

hookedup240
02-24-2004, 07:58 PM
yea..the person who's car it is, is a member at 240sxforums.com

here's the link
http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24845

SimpleS14
02-24-2004, 10:51 PM
I liked everything but the wing. I also didn't like how they were ripping on the stock 240. The craftmanship on the body was NICE and the powertrain (redtop SR) and suspension (5 lug conversion, coilovers skyline brakes, 18 rimz) was also a good touch.

Now all he (the owner) has to do is tune it up and get proper gauges and chit.

oh yea...and the ladies during that car show thing were very nice.

Got Sileighty?
02-25-2004, 12:15 AM
i didnt really like it. the 3 guys were so fake. none of them even got dirty hahahaha.

and what coilovers did they put on it? i dont know if the guy mentioned the brand or not.

HiPSI
02-25-2004, 09:27 AM
they didn't mention any brands throughout the show to my knowledge... and that show sucks hardcore. they didn't even "drift" their "drift car" they built :ghey:

i'd love to see that pretty much stock SR turn over those 265 tires :eek3d:

memphiss13
02-25-2004, 09:44 AM
the hosts of the show sucked majorly. its like they were making fake drama. the end result turned out nice though. i could've done without the wing though. was that the AIT body kit on there? those front fenders kind of reminded me of the chargespeed ones also.

shnitz
02-25-2004, 01:29 PM
wait, you mean that the mechanics didn't take their customer's car and race it around? oh my god, insane! why wouldn't they do that? oh wait, i know...INTEGRITY. just because you performed work for someone doesn't give you ownership of that customer's property. i don't see my air condition repairman in my living room sitting under one of the vents.

element240
02-25-2004, 02:35 PM
wait, you mean that the mechanics didn't take their customer's car and race it around? oh my god, insane! why wouldn't they do that? oh wait, i know...INTEGRITY. just because you performed work for someone doesn't give you ownership of that customer's property. i don't see my air condition repairman in my living room sitting under one of the vents.

^werd!

but mechanics these day's (mostly dealerships & small shops) think they can just test drive every car that comes into their shop because they want to "test" their work/parts out. that in some cases are ok, but to test out spark plugs(or something of similarity) is BS...

i hate it when other people drive my car because i have no idea what kind of abuse they are giving it.

HiPSI
02-25-2004, 03:06 PM

ok, so your mechanic doesn't do a test drive after major work on a car? or if you don't use a mechanic don't you take your car for a test after installing something to make sure it's safe and correctly installed? i know i sure as hell do.

and it's a TV show, not a real shop. if i had fronted all the money to put all that crap on that car then you better believe i'd go out and beat it like a wet noodle :rofl: it's not like dude payed for anything.

sykikchimp
02-25-2004, 03:46 PM
actually the guy says on 240sxforums that he did pay for most of it..
Hey guys...
To get the record straight, they (Tuner Transformation) hooked up with me and PASMAG (Performance Auto & Sound Magazine). I already gathered all the product through our sponsors with the mag, and TT jumped on board shortly after. As you can tell by the episode, they did a good job of plugging their sponsors: JSP and the Bodyshop, with very little love for our sponsors. The only thing they gave me for free was the installation of the widebody kit, paintjob, and JSP wing (which has been removed). All the other stuff: Exedy twin-plate, Work Wheels, Chargespeed, Big Brakes, 5-lug, Cusco Suspension bits (Zero 2R coilovers, sway and CF strut bars, upper arms, etc), Defi gauges, etc. were sourced by me. Even the paint colour was my choice. They did a good job a making it look like they did it and I thank them for giving me the opportunity to promote the project on SPEED, and hopefully this episode will give them a little more credibility than the RX-8 one. For more information, hit me up with an email at [email protected].

Mike

PS - I hated the wing.

Flybert
02-25-2004, 03:52 PM
I saw that show. My friend, my dad, and I could barely sit through it. It's soooo shitty. It's like HiRevTuners but not as bad. They totally made that RX-8 look like shit. The dude wasn't even happy with what he got. They put a 50 shot of nitrous in there, ugly silver stripes across the side, some shitty ass rims, and a stereo system. That is some gay shit right there. The show needs to be canceled. Speed channel should just play more WRC during that time slot.

Ranger_Man
02-25-2004, 04:36 PM
I saw that show. My friend, my dad, and I could barely sit through it. It's soooo shitty. It's like HiRevTuners but not as bad. They totally made that RX-8 look like shit. The dude wasn't even happy with what he got. They put a 50 shot of nitrous in there, ugly silver stripes across the side, some shitty ass rims, and a stereo system. That is some gay shit right there. The show needs to be canceled. Speed channel should just play more WRC during that time slot.

i agree with you 100%. that show is complete ass. its like bob vila's home again but worse.

"ok now we are going to put the engine in."
"now that that is done we are going to have someone come in and mount this IC because we are too stupid to do it ourselves"
"since the engine work is now done we are going to send the car off to get all the body work done because the guy we got to do it is only smart enough to go pick up the parts someone else sourced."

i honestly believe that i have crapped better shows.

HiPSI
02-25-2004, 04:45 PM
Speed channel should just play more WRC during that time slot.

agreed wholeheartedly :bow:

Advan
02-25-2004, 06:26 PM
Hell yea, since you're comparing the show to WRC, then I too agree, that they should show WRC. I love the Peugeot 307 rally version.

SimpleS14
02-25-2004, 07:19 PM
Hell yea, since you're comparing the show to WRC, then I too agree, that they should show WRC. I love the Peugeot 307 rally version.

pfftt.....its all about CITROEN :p

btw...the Mistu's royally suck!!

Mikey
02-25-2004, 09:29 PM
Thanks for quoting my thread from one of the other web boards. Its getting pretty difficult trying to clear up the situation on several different boards.

SimpleS14
02-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Thanks for quoting my thread from one of the other web boards. Its getting pretty difficult trying to clear up the situation on several different boards.

please post some pics of the car WITHOUT that wing

Got Sileighty?
02-25-2004, 11:26 PM

uhhhhh then why the hell would they test the car before they "transformed" it?? remember they took it out to the skid pad and got .7 something Gs? and then it was taken on a slalom course, and the suspension guy was all bitching about how it handled like crap. after all the install was done, i was expecting to see results, but guess what? we didnt even get to see the car on the road :down: :down: :down:

imho, the show sucked. especially the 3 "tuners" grrrrrrrrr they annoyed the hell out of me. they were trying too hard to be funny and entertaining but failed at both miserably.

cali240sxdrifter
02-25-2004, 11:54 PM
i don't know but isn't that one so call *tough guy* with the selves cut off bitch to much on that Rx8 Eps.? Ohman I swear to god I wanted to rick james bitch slap him. After that show I decided to not watch anymore eps. Its a big joke just like what MTV is going to do too.

brianglawson
02-26-2004, 04:23 AM
i think there is to much drama, but i would still like to see the 240sx one, i saw the rx8 one and was horrified