PDA

View Full Version : S13 KA24de compression/idle problem

r240sxse
07-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Ok so i have a ka24de that i recently turbo charged the motor was freshly built only 16k miles. I got it to run fine just wasnt tuned. I was driving it daily perfectly fine. I reved it one day to 6k and all of a sudden i lost power, and white smoke came out. i know it was water problem. It wouldnt hold idle and luckily i was close to the house. I did a compression test, and the reading were very low and i had oil spurtting out of the breather on the valve cover. I took the motor out and checked head it was good and so was block and so was head gasket. i checked stock head bolts they were stretched so the head lift up and water was seeping under the headgasket. I bought arp head studs. checks block and head with straight edge again and got that perfect. put everything back together new timing chain, and sprockets. put the motor back in and put everything in timing. and the car started up, but with no power and still wont hold idle. ive tried messing with timing because i have bc v2 cams but nothing wont hold idle. i drove it and car has no power. did a compression test again and i got Cyl 1:60psi Cyl 2:90psi cyl 3:190 Cyl :4 90.
I know what i am doing and the test were all preformed correctly. Please if anyone has any info on this please help im stumped...:duh:

roboticnissan
07-22-2012, 11:30 AM
You have low compression. What causes low comoression? Piston rings, and valve seals. Whats the test to check these items? A leak down test!!!!! Have fun.

r240sxse
07-23-2012, 09:23 AM
many things cause low compression.. Head gasket, bent valves, burned valves, worn rings. etc.. i just did somewhat of a cylinder leakage test and i got air coming out of the crankcase which in fact is blow by, but im confused because i did a compression test before what happened and the motor was just fine. then the head lift up and the compression was leaking to different cylinders. but not its doing the same thing after i even fixed the head gasket and made sure head and block had a perfect seal.

r240sxse
07-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Somewhat of a cylinder leakage test is because i only pumped air in with out a gauge or anything. but there is a lot of leakage on all cylinders besides number 3

roboticnissan
07-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Are you puttung each cylinder at tdc? Im guessing no