PDA

View Full Version : Xenon Bulbs

AadosX
02-23-2004, 01:40 AM
Does anyone have any experience using aftermarket xenon style bulbs in their 97-98 cars? I once before had a problem with projectors and aftermarket bulbs. Pics would be great too.

Thanks,
John

old_s13
02-23-2004, 12:59 PM
How much are you looking to spend and what are your expectations in terms of appearance and light output? There are many different types of H1 bulbs to chose from, most of them wont make an AMAZING change over stock. If you are serious about this stuff, a relay harness and possibly an overwatt bulb could be useful. OR, just go with a halogen/xenon blend bulb, I sell ones made by Hella at pretty fair prices.

- Mike

typhoonslippery
02-23-2004, 01:34 PM
they arent usually brighter for the wattage but are a different color rather than the yellowish glow of the regular ones . I prefer to use xenon lights for the look and would not want to get the high wattage bulbs to be brighter and then cause electrical draw and wiring problems

old_s13
02-23-2004, 03:48 PM
they arent usually brighter for the wattage but are a different color rather than the yellowish glow of the regular ones . I prefer to use xenon lights for the look and would not want to get the high wattage bulbs to be brighter and then cause electrical draw and wiring problems

I sell various Halogen/Xenon blend bulbs that emit 30% more light while drawing the same amount of amperage. Regardless if you go with stock wattage or over-watt, I would always recommend going with a wiring harness.

- Mike / ClearCorners.Com

typhoonslippery
02-23-2004, 04:14 PM
agreed ...a wiring harness is a must when upgrading bulbs

AadosX
02-23-2004, 04:56 PM
oldS13: I sent you an email... please contact me at [email protected] I'm looking to buy a set.

old_s13
02-24-2004, 11:01 AM
aadosx, i attempted to e-mail you and the address bounced the mail back. please e-mail me at [email protected] with your full contact info, phone, etc. I have 1 pair of +30 halogen/xenon bulbs in stock.

take care
mike

AadosX
02-24-2004, 11:17 AM
Hey, yeah I think it's the ghey spam filter thing. I e-mailed the addy on your site w/my phone number, etc.