PDA

View Full Version : s14 igntion switch problems?

noonenose
07-16-2012, 05:02 PM
I'll make this long story short... my car has had problem starting. I would take a couple tries and a couple bang underneath the steering column. The battery checked out fine, replaced the starter and solenoid. clutch relay seems to be fine, i switched the a/c relay fuse into the clutch relay and it still doesnt start up right away. I am thinking it could be ignition switch?? Any advice on this or symptoms of bad ignition switch. It has been getting harder and harder to start my car!! Thank you for reading fellow 40 owners!

1 out of 20 times my deck will randomly shut up, but when i bought this car i would have to turn on the car and turn it back once to get all the electronics to work.

slidesquad240
07-16-2012, 08:50 PM
im having the ssame problem in my s13 changed starter battery even replace ignition switch it was fine for a week and then acted up again im leaning towards the relay i will hafta check it out first

noonenose
07-18-2012, 12:44 AM
replaced my ignition switch today with a nissan altima and it fires up every time so far. I hear a lot of stories about it working for a while but eventually does the same thing. I hope it doesnt happen to me.

idlafie
07-26-2012, 12:53 AM
If you are having problems with your car not starting due to a shorted ignition/starter switch, replace your ignition/starter switch with the following part:

Beck Arnley 201-1915 Starter Switch | Auto Parts Warehouse (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Nissan/240SX/Beck_Arnley/Starter_Switch/1995/SE/4_Cyl_2-dot-4L/BEC2011915.html?tlc=Engine+%26+Drivetrain)

It should solve all your starting problems....

ID