PDA

View Full Version : Suspension arms squeek problem!

EddyPlex
07-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Ive recently installed the isis arm package, godspeed flcas and tien inner and stock outer tie rods on my s13 and have gotten it aligned. Ever since ive installed all these things, it has been squeaking like crazy. Ive had my coilovers on for months with no squeaks so i know its not that. Anyone having this same problem? someone on here must have gone through this situation, your help will be highly appreciated! If this is normal because of the solid bushings, what can i do to quiet this annoying squeaking? Also looking for someone who has godspeed flca on their s13; how was your experience with these?
Thank you in advance

zooopreme
07-15-2012, 09:13 PM
You cheaped out & that's where you are now.

Zero-Offset
07-15-2012, 09:17 PM

true shit.

but what i did when one of my arms was squeaking was throw some lithium grease on the heim joint. also go over everything and make sure its all tight and not binding/hitting on anything

rwtf
07-15-2012, 09:18 PM
lube them bitchs up

EddyPlex
07-15-2012, 09:58 PM

ive only heard good things from the isis control arm package.

EddyPlex
07-15-2012, 09:59 PM
true shit.

but what i did when one of my arms was squeaking was throw some lithium grease on the heim joint. also go over everything and make sure its all tight and not binding/hitting on anything

i installed the arms first, aligned it and drove it around and was squeaking alot. everything was installed tight. lithium grease wouldnt mess the heim joints up? or can i use ball joint grease of em?

s13 loverr
07-15-2012, 10:06 PM
solid bushings squeak if you don't grease them.....

Perfect Balance
07-15-2012, 10:31 PM
My left SPL tie rod end squeaks. The teflon was supposed to be self lubricating, so I didn't lube it at first, then it started squeaking, and I've lubed it every day for weeks at a time and it still squeaks. When turning around, it creaks bad and I can feel it through the steering wheel.

EddyPlex
07-16-2012, 10:21 AM
solid bushings squeak if you don't grease them.....

what grease do you recommend i use?

EddyPlex
07-16-2012, 10:22 AM
My left SPL tie rod end squeaks. The teflon was supposed to be self lubricating, so I didn't lube it at first, then it started squeaking, and I've lubed it every day for weeks at a time and it still squeaks. When turning around, it creaks bad and I can feel it through the steering wheel.

ive had that same problem since i installed my flca

s13 loverr
07-16-2012, 10:45 AM
what grease do you recommend i use?

I've heard good things from many different products. There are two that stand out to me however, being white lithium grease and motul tech 300. I believe the lithium grease is supplied by ES when you buy their bushings, so I don't see why that could be bad. Motul tech is a highly rated grease among motorcyclists, so I think that it would be fine as well.

On a side note I wanted to expand on this as it is probably your primary cause for squeaks if you haven't lubricated them. Without grease to let them slide around they can squeak and in some cases break arms in half. I have seen people install zerks fittings (http://www.nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=554) to lubricate their bushings as spraying them doesn't work.