Ghst 01
02-22-2004, 05:45 PM
Just ran in to these looking around.

http://www.obxracingsports.com/performance.cfm?catID=3&subcatID=4

The MSRP is $1199.00 but i found the on other sites for $600-$650
They advertise a 0.0'-5.0' drop,
12 settings ride adjustment
25k, 2year warrenty.

I was wondering if anyone had any input on these? Kinda reminds me of the "Mookeeh" or "D2" kits people doing the GB on NICO.

Ryan of Velocity
02-22-2004, 05:57 PM
I actually know someone who bought a set, and suffice it to say he's very disappointed.

nightwalker
02-22-2004, 06:13 PM
OBX = :down: any other questions?

DRFT
02-22-2004, 06:21 PM
dont waste your money on that crap :stupid:

stillmatic
02-22-2004, 06:46 PM
OBX is usually crap. I bought a set of OBX 10.3mm spark plug wires and they kept popping out of the cylinder. It turns out they were doing a recall on the KADE wires so I returned them and got my money back.

Jeff240sx
02-22-2004, 06:56 PM
The MSRP is $1199.00 but i found the on other sites for $600-$650

OBX does that. They quote some rediculous MSRP, then sell for what they wanted to sell for anyway. Shitty marketing tactics, shitty products in my opinion.
-Jeff

Ghst 01
02-22-2004, 10:20 PM
So do u guys think these are worst than the Mookeeh or D2's?

Heartwork
02-22-2004, 10:25 PM
So do u guys think these are worst than the Mookeeh or D2's?

probably on the same level or worse...

OBX anything is garbage. GARBAGE

DudeYourSoOOJDM
02-22-2004, 10:34 PM
Do you know what the spring rates are????

Funny thing is....OBX probably doesent even know.....

Ghst 01
02-23-2004, 09:33 AM
Do you know what the spring rates are????

Funny thing is....OBX probably doesent even know.....

Cnat say i do. I will try to find out.
but on another note what would be a good price on some Tein HE's? the absolute lowest they would go for new?

KiDyNomiTe
02-23-2004, 09:35 AM
I heard the Mookehs were good. I forget what forum I read it at, but someone said that mookehs were actually pretty decent. Nothing about D2s yet, but should have some news about them w/in the week.

Gzero
02-24-2004, 12:33 AM
I had them on my civic and i liked them they worked fine for me my car handled very well.

Ghst 01
02-24-2004, 12:37 AM
i was just wondering if anyone ever tried them on our cars.
they cost the same as the D2's but with out the wait.

JasonNagra
02-24-2004, 01:10 AM
OBX is crap. EVERYTHING they make is crap. They rip off other companies. OBX IS CRAP.

nisho
02-24-2004, 07:04 AM
actually.. obx has some really good stuff.. have any of you even bought any thing from them? their headers for the 240sx are great, guages are great.. and exhuast are good.. anyway.. one person says that his friend has them and didnt like them.. thats one thing to go on... the other comments i dont know about.. anyway.. and the fact that they did a recall on their wires is a good thing.. thats what a company should do.. and how do they rip other companies off? everyone makes the same stuff anyway..

old_s13
02-24-2004, 09:45 AM
I had them on my civic and i liked them they worked fine for me my car handled very well.

ah yes....
1) the civic, flagship performance car
2) a civic owner turned 240sx, greaaaaaaaaaat...

hehehe just playin with ya

sykikchimp
02-24-2004, 09:53 AM
Yeah.. I agree.. Just like I said in the header thread.. Some OBX stuff is total crap. Other OBX stuff is not. It all depends on WHO is building it for them since they don't actually build any of their own stuff. I have an OBX shifter (one of the newer models without the bushing) and love it! If it starts to get sloppy, I just replace the $2 shifter bushing that goes on the tip of the shifter, and it's like new again.

I also read the Mookeh coilovers where nice.. I think it was on DGTrials.com forums.

Ghst 01
02-24-2004, 10:36 AM
yea the Mookehs look alright. I was bidding for a set last night on Ebay that claimed they came with Tein pillow monts. but i wasnt gonna pay $800 plus for them. Someone is buying them but no one has really given any feed back besides the "he say, she say" thing.

KiDyNomiTe
02-24-2004, 06:53 PM
yea the Mookehs look alright. I was bidding for a set last night on Ebay that claimed they came with Tein pillow monts. but i wasnt gonna pay $800 plus for them. Someone is buying them but no one has really given any feed back besides the "he say, she say" thing.

Frin DG Trials forum
know this one guy that comes to track days and autox with me and he recently got the mookeeh MK1 coilovers for his s14 and he says they are awesome. retail is about 800 i think and he got his in about 3 days(ordered tuesday, got friday). they even came with tein camber plates. if youre looking for a cheap way out they are a good buy. so far i've heard nothing but good from him on the coilovers. and he's already drifted, road raced, and autox with them. just a thought

And..

I put the Mookeeh MK1 coilovers on my S14 (as sil8ty said). Previous to that I only had track experience with the Tein HE and I can't say they're any better or worse. I love the MK1 setup, the difference over my AGX/Intrax setup I had is remarkable. 15-way damping adjustable, adjustable mounting perches, rebuildable with a warranty. Stock is 7/5kg, extra springs are available in different rates as well. And they also some with Tein camber plates.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6755&item=2461119487

They sell on Ebay all the time for a Buy it Now of $800, but the reserve is $720 (799 shipped). If you don't want to spend $1200 for a set of Tein HE's which like I said feel exactly the same, this is a good option. So far two guys from our local site have ordered the MK1s as well. I have heard of about 65 people in several group buys saying they're getting the D2 coilovers but still, no product. I don't see what the problem is with getting these coilovers, there has been a lot of talk for many months now with nothing to show for it.

installed (big picture):

http://www.autocrossing.com/misc/brady/coilover.jpg

The perches and shock bodies look amazingly similar to the Buddy Club P1 coilover, almost identical in real life. The adjustment knobs are the same, they're both 15-way adjustable, the perches are identical.. they even have the same bumpstops.

Mookeeh MK1
http://www.autocrossing.com/misc/brady/agx-vs-coilover.jpg

Buddy Club P1
http://store3.yimg.com/I/jspec_1768_120628459

And one last quote
I've done a few events with them so far and they're great. Unfortunately the only other coilover I've tried on the track is a Tein HE, but I really couldn't tell the difference. I don't know what to say other than they're typical coilovers.. awesome as shit. On the street they ride pretty good, better than my AGX/Intrax setup because they don't bottom out all the time. I don't really know what to say.. basically the same stuff everyone else says about coilovers. I've done three track days and one drift "event" on a road course and they are far better than what I thought coilovers would be. The car is now setup much better than the driver, so I've got another few years until I have to worry about buying something "better". Awesome controllability, great adjustability, stiff, less roll, smoother transitions, adjustable camber.. yada yada. $800 shipped to my door, installation was a piece of cake.

Ghst 01
02-24-2004, 08:06 PM
thanks for the info "KidyNomite" I sent Mookeeh an email today but still now response. might give them a try.

proj240sx
02-24-2004, 08:18 PM
obx is usually crap. i have so much experience since a lot of my friends buy it and i know a few people that stock their products. 98 percent of their things are cheaply made and crappy copies of what someone else makes. but then sometimes you find things that are good quality replicas of someone else's product. who knows maybe they use the same manufacturer as the other company. for me i wouldnt bank on buying a critical part from obx. thats just me.

Ghst 01
02-24-2004, 08:22 PM
well they do offer a warrenty with them.

AceInHole
02-24-2004, 11:41 PM
as for the D2's, expect a review from me tomorrow. Felt like someone had to try em out, and it might as well be me :/

Ghst 01
02-25-2004, 12:46 PM
A review would be very appreciated for the D2's. If they turn out good i might get in on the 2nd GB.