PDA

View Full Version : rb20 blown headgasket?

two40guy
07-09-2012, 08:02 AM
was driving my car the other day and decided to actually go to the track and upon driving my car temps shot up to about 200-220 HIGH. sometimes tweaking up to about 240. just recently did this start happening.. and i compression tested it, hot test came out to about 145 across the board only differing by about `1-3 psi i noticed that the pressure would leak down a decent pace.. then tested it with a block leak tester from autozone and it confirmed the three times i had tested it, that there was exhaust gases in the cooling system. ive bled it numerous times and the water pump is working, very well actually. im almost thinking it has to be the headgasket. sometimes at idle itll bog and run on 5 cylinders and come back to 6. and my wideband reads lean. but running through gears it boosts fine and holds good numbers on the wideband. doesnt smoke or anything. what do you guys think?

two40guy
07-09-2012, 10:31 AM
enh nvm. i think my temp gauge is fuc*ed. i tested my temps with a multimeter and laser temp thing. you know the handheld point at the thing and get the temp kinda therm. and after driving for a while and driving it kinda hard i parked it and 5 minutes later tested 215. not running and sitting which its gonna be hotter when just sitting turned off. but my gauge said it was almost 265 degrees.. FUCK glowshift. ive been through two of them