PDA

View Full Version : 25mm rear coupe overfenders installation

310westslide
07-05-2012, 12:37 PM
So I'm gonna buy a pair or rear 25mm overfenders... I just never installed any my self does anyone know how to install them or knows a place where they can do the job?:wtf:

ghoti
07-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Search next time! But this is how you do it
It's for flares but pretty much the same process for overs (http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?showtopic=47525)

SCRmotorsports
07-05-2012, 01:05 PM
anymore we glue panels on everything. when i do my coupe im gonna use panel glue, you can get it anywhere they sell paint and primer. its really effin strong and when our doing metal work you dont have to worrry about warping the quarters from welding i know there glass or plastic but still its easy and quick. test fit the skin and i assume you cut the wheel well lip out "someone else can chime in if im wrong" after its trimmed and fitted decent have a friend hold it up on drill a hole in each corner and put sheet metal screws in. know drill holes every 1" or so and try too keep it from getting wavey between screws. after there all in mark your edges, take the screws out and the panel off. then put the glue on the panel edges and the car under the line you marked dont get the glue on anything its really hard to get off OH dont forget to grind the spots for glue first!!!! the more glue the better!! know hurry and put the panel on and use a screw gun carefully! and put all the screws in without over tightening them. on the very bottom clamps work good instead of screws and inside the wheel well if it suppose too atatched too the body. this might seem confusing but im just trying too help its really pretty simple process. let it dry for at least 2 days before you take the screws out. then fill all your holes from the screws and start doin some body work!!! molded fenders look way better then screws or rivets, but if your drifitng i would NOT use glue and just screw them on and paint em. now ive never done widebody stuff, but ive done tons of quarter skins with my dad so the only part im not sure about is the wheel lip because its wider. hope this helps! good luck im hoping to start my project soon

310westslide
07-05-2012, 04:17 PM
I don't really drift the car... What looks better welded or molded?

beems240sx
07-06-2012, 08:57 AM
molded cracks. you HAVE to weld the stock metal after it is cut, unless you like to half ass things. people rivet them on for a reason, its easy and holds well. i will be using the rivnuts. if you paint over the rivit you cant really see them anyways.

KPNITRL
07-08-2012, 06:50 PM
You should check out the latest issue of project car. Has a blue Silvia front S13 on the cover. They go thru the process.

zerodameaon
07-11-2012, 02:37 AM
I don't really drift the car... What looks better welded or molded?

How do you weld fiberglass to metal? :tweak:
If your talking molded vs riveted/screwed look up pics and decide for yourself.

310westslide
07-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Lmao that's what I meant molded not welded hahahah
And I've been doin research on it and rivets it's what I'm goin for

Darren
07-11-2012, 10:14 AM
How do you weld fiberglass to metal? :tweak:
If your talking molded vs riveted/screwed look up pics and decide for yourself.

You do have cut the original panel and weld the outer to the inner, so it's not completely off topic...

Personally, i riveted mine on and painted over the rivets, i like the raw look