PDA

View Full Version : 95 KA loosing power when Really hot ouside w/AC on

gmanster5
06-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Fellows, new here and to the 240's.

I've got a 95 ka 5sp that seems to run fine generally.

When the weather gets hot outside driving it with the AC on, after about 40 mins or so the car has absolutely no pull with no REV's either. it's like driving the car with the emergency brake on. I turn off the AC let the car settle down and it's back to running/driving fine again, any ideas.

Ive search this topic and found one similiar, but my RPMs arent reving which would indicate a bad clutch.

thanks
gmanster5

jpizzle240
06-29-2012, 08:57 AM
You have never experienced this with the AC off?

gmanster5
06-29-2012, 09:05 AM
no i haven't, that's why it doens't make sense. of course i haven't driving the car when outside without the AC on. So maybe it would still do it when hot without the ac on.

i even turn the ac back on and it seems to run fine for awhile before it does it again.

AutechKouki
06-30-2012, 10:48 PM
A/C puts a load in the engine, a big load. Think about it.. Not only does the compressor create a draw on the 120-40ish hp engine but the e fan is constantly on along with the blower motor inside your cabin which adds another load through the alternator. Also the condenser creates heat which gets transferred to the radiator right past it which also creates power loss. A/C is a commodity, not a neccesity.

enderr
06-30-2012, 10:54 PM
A/C puts a load in the engine, a big load. Think about it.. Not only does the compressor create a draw on the 120-40ish hp engine but the e fan is constantly on along with the blower motor inside your cabin which adds another load through the alternator. Also the condenser creates heat which gets transferred to the radiator right past it which also creates power loss. A/C is a commodity, not a neccesity.

ive never had this problem with my ac.. this guys setup is seriously messed up if his engine is having this serious of a problem

wangan_cruiser
06-30-2012, 11:27 PM
car is overheating or heatsoaking.

it happened to me when i was driving around at 89 degrees outside. it was humid and im already running a cold air intake. i was even turning on the ac and i felt no power at all.

i checked my waterpump and belt to see if they are properly tight. found out my belts were all cracked up. changed it and it never happened again