PDA

View Full Version : need a little help

silvia Ks 91
02-18-2004, 08:57 PM
ok, this is a hard one to explain.

stock ka24e sohc
i was drive to work this morring, and was passing a car in 3rd gear giong up a slight hill. i just hit rev limiter so i pushed my clutch down fast and went to 4th. but it would not let me in, so i let off the clutch and it stay on the ground, so blah i smaled it in to 4th and drove a little ways [no clutch pedal] till i could stop and check things out.
well i ended up driving home with no clutch pedal. tool the slave off and decited that was the problem. so i went to my friends house grab a 300zx slave put it on my car and not it pushes out the frok for the throw out bearing, but still when the car is running i can not get it into gear. also the clutch feels like POOP very very soft, and mushy. not like it felt yesterday.
i think my clutch master is ok, i took it out and it looks ok.
i can drive the car, but it its with out th use of a clutch. meaning no step on pedal shifts, and start it in 1st.

could it be the clutch? or the throw out bearing? maybe the 300zx slave, or the master? if it was the master it would not push the throw out bearing Fork, would it? the 300zx slave is a little shorter then a 240 one. but the rod in it is longer. and my friend said it works and is better.

any ideas? thank you so much!!!

silvia Ks 91
02-19-2004, 10:05 AM
bump? any ideas

WilloW
02-19-2004, 11:43 AM
This might sound weird but have you checked the pushrod behind the clutch pedal? Fluid leaks anywhere on the hardline, and master cylinder? Did you bleed the system correctly when you changed and check those parts you mentioned above?

silvia Ks 91
02-19-2004, 12:37 PM
i belive i did.
i did do it quick, but if its pushing the Fork with the slave, it should be working right? thats what i thought...
as for the fuild leaking it very well could be! i did take out the master and looked at it and it seemed ok. but i easily could be wrong. but still that brings me to, its pushing the fork for the throw out bearing... gezz, cars!!!
okay. THANK for any help at all. any ideas!!! its great! thank you!!!