PDA

View Full Version : Powersliding on track (video)

PSI240SX
02-18-2004, 06:15 PM
Hello all. I went to a track day at a speedway in ocala awhile back and the IMVfilms.com film crew was there. They have a DVD out now, and one coming soon with some cool import car stuff. The camera they used is very high quality, hence the size of this file 73.9 megs. My car would come on boost and just spin to rev limit making it difficult to keep a slide going. I suppose I should have turned the boost down. The video is edited very well and it's super high quality. Enjoy: http://www.planb-attack.com/jay/JaysDrifts.wmv

clean
02-18-2004, 06:23 PM
looks like fun

the240sxer95
02-18-2004, 06:26 PM
thats cute =]

i always liked your car... what mods you got?

PSI240SX
02-18-2004, 06:32 PM
GT25R, hks 264 cams, FMIC, Full 3" exhaust from turbo back, 740cc injectors, SSPL Tuned ecu. Those are the basics.

element240
02-18-2004, 10:31 PM
nice vid... u have a very sweet car!

BoroFabulous
02-18-2004, 11:25 PM
Nice car, I must say you got a couple good ones in there with a really sweet looking car. Don't go blaming sh*t on your car like a pansy ass, your not aloud to do that until you got the skillz :) . Really though, not that this is directed at the driver, but its killing me how many people seem to be trying to learn how to drift with grip monster, big power cars; rather than just buying crappy tires for a lower power car and taking it slow at first, then updgrading suspension, then finally upgrading power when your skills are up to it. Otherwise you will have this sweet attention getting car that will just end up making you look like a poser clown when you can't drive the thing. Skill, its the rice filter! HA! Those superficial "Import" people will have a hard time making it into this scene without changing their ways big time.

twitchy
02-19-2004, 12:02 AM
what would it cost to spend an afternoon on a track like that (if i freakin had one...i wish) and how long does a set of tires last under that torture?

the240sxer95
02-19-2004, 12:07 AM
i meant suspension mods =]

PSI240SX
02-19-2004, 05:56 AM
Nice car, I must say you got a couple good ones in there with a really sweet looking car. Don't go blaming sh*t on your car like a pansy ass, your not aloud to do that until you got the skillz :) . Really though, not that this is directed at the driver, but its killing me how many people seem to be trying to learn how to drift with grip monster, big power cars; rather than just buying crappy tires for a lower power car and taking it slow at first, then updgrading suspension, then finally upgrading power when your skills are up to it. Otherwise you will have this sweet attention getting car that will just end up making you look like a poser clown when you can't drive the thing. Skill, its the rice filter! HA! Those superficial "Import" people will have a hard time making it into this scene without changing their ways big time.

Well lemme let you in on something. I went to this event with the intention of driving "grip" style. 2 reasons that it ended up looking the way it did. #1 It's making too much power to be on such a tight course only utilizing 2nd gear, when they said it was a "speedway" I assumed it would be much larger and that I would be going much faster. And #2 I don't care how you go about getting your car sidewayz, it's CAR CONTROL. It's going to help you feel comfortable about sliding your car in the future whether you decide to just power-on or get serious about learning drifting techniques.

Also, here is another video of me actually drifting on track, using a smaller turbo, and cheap tires on different wheels about 4 months ago: http://www.planb-attack.com/jay/Jay3.mpg
RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS ANY AND ALL OF MY VIDS PLZ.

In that video I used a technique called "feint" I wasn't powersliding everywhere.

And I am competing in a real drift event this weekend, I will be turning the boost down and have really crappy tires so hopefully if there is an video footage from it, my skill level will be worthy of some praise from you. :whip:

Var
02-19-2004, 10:53 AM
that looks like a fun drift course. where is ocala? and your car is very nice although it looks like it has a lot of turbo lag. What kind of suspension are you running?

KiDyNomiTe
02-19-2004, 11:38 AM
You don't have to use crappy tires. It's good for beginners in low powered cars, but if you really want to do good, get some decent tires. Depending on your suspension you'll probably end up spinning a lot on crap tires due to your power. But I guess you know your car better than I do.

No Motiv
02-19-2004, 03:47 PM
That was a high quality Vid....

haha and you bought that car off of ebay you cheater....

You had some good flow in there for a while...seemed like you were having trouble breakn loose...very good though

Hot car....what wheels do you have they look good..

PSI240SX
02-19-2004, 04:59 PM
NoMotive- I built this car..... didnt buy it. i tried selling it on ebay and it didnt get near what I would let it go for. They are Volk GTU's 18x8 and 18x9

westboroughpimp- I have KYB AGX's and RSR springs. My coilovers are already ordered.

mike13
02-19-2004, 06:26 PM
keep the car. its only a matter of time before its on the cover of SCC or import tuner. One of those mags has got to do an article on a KAT car, and yours is one of the best looking ones i've ever seen.

KiDyNomiTe
02-20-2004, 12:21 AM
keep the car. its only a matter of time before its on the cover of SCC or import tuner. One of those mags has got to do an article on a KAT car, and yours is one of the best looking ones i've ever seen.
Doesnt this one have an SR. The KA-T is the S14 he sold.

FriscoMgM2
02-20-2004, 03:19 AM
Cool vid - and great looking car, as always. Very unique color combination with the paint and the wheels. :)

brianglawson
02-20-2004, 04:26 AM
sweet, i love that car

rob9246
02-20-2004, 04:41 AM
dude the only thing i can say about that is, get a propper fuckn diff

KiDyNomiTe
02-20-2004, 05:51 AM
dude the only thing i can say about that is, get a propper fuckn diff
Lets not get all hostile and sh*t, he technically never said drift on track, he said powesliding, and he also said

My car would come on boost and just spin to rev limit making it difficult to keep a slide going. I suppose I should have turned the boost down

Now I ask where is your video...

old_s13
02-20-2004, 10:21 AM
car looks really good.. there are a lot of 240s i dont like, and this ISNT one of them.. its a good looking car.

nice work on the track, looks like you improved dramatically as the day progressed -- you had a few really kickass slides. most of the turns look like they need higher speed entries to make really crazy looking slides, but its okay.. fun nonetheless. Besides, teh wall and poles would make me a teeenie bit nervous.

- m

180SXtc
02-20-2004, 03:35 PM
pimp vid. sweet ride.... :bigok:

glc
02-21-2004, 07:45 PM
I race karts, and my hometrack is OGP, which is about 5 miles from the speedway you were at. One day I came to the track and there was all this rubber on it... but in all the wrong places, it didn't take long for me to figure out that they'd had a drift event. I believe they're having some official even there in April I believe.. well they were before the new management. If anyone is planning on going PM me, Ill be there, hanging out, maybe you can give me a drive.