PDA

View Full Version : Sr20 rev problem helppp

Mikeyboyiii
06-26-2012, 05:01 PM
Ok i have a 90 s13 with a redtop sr20det. Recently did some more mods to it bc it wasnt running the way i liked. I put the car all back together and its still giving me trouble. The car idles fine vut as soon as i hit the gas the car wont rev past 2 thousand rpms. Its not a fuel problem bc while the car is hessitating it dumps fuel out the exaust. All black smoke. Now idk if this is a parts problem or if its the tune. But i font wanna bring it to get tuned if i still have to buy stuff before hand. It has the upgraded MAF and all that idk what to do. Let me know thanks

ultimateirving
06-26-2012, 05:14 PM
What "tune" are u running now. Also what maf are you using?
Do you have the stock s13 sr20det maf?
Because thats the only one you shud run without an actual tune.

Mikeyboyiii
06-26-2012, 06:24 PM
I have the z32 i believe. And idk what tune it has i bought the car with the tune. And cant get ahold of the prev owner. I just dont wanna bring the car to get tuned and then they tell me i need a bunch of other stuff haha

Mikeyboyiii
06-26-2012, 06:26 PM
I tried a diff maf off my boys car. i tried diff coils. I even tried another ecu that is tuned and nothing worked

ultimateirving
06-26-2012, 06:36 PM
So what i wud do is get a multimeter, and search on google fora z32 maf pinout, and make sure the voltage matches on the back of the maf plug, with the engine running. Verify the grounds are set up properly as well.
Issues at 2k rpms indicates maf related

If that doesnt work, i would go about sourcing an SOHC maf and clip/ stock sr20 maf and clip and wire that in. Then perform same procedures as above.