PDA

View Full Version : Recaro Seats

AadosX
02-18-2004, 12:36 AM
How will these sit compared to stock seat height?

cowbomb
02-18-2004, 12:40 AM
it all depends on which model ur looking for........

AadosX
02-18-2004, 01:04 AM
My bad, Speed.

nightwalker
02-18-2004, 01:08 AM
I sat in another 240 owner's car with the speeds, and Sparco rail and they were about an inch or so lower. Pretty nice. No adjustability, but if you're hardcore who cares.

I like the speeds too, I also like sleeping in my car, so I'm still deciding.

AadosX
02-18-2004, 01:15 AM
What do you mean, no adjustability? Sliders?

DRFT
02-18-2004, 01:19 AM
haha who the hell sleeps in their 240? theres basically no room in the dam car hah

nightwalker
02-18-2004, 01:29 AM
hehe, I do.

I've had to many times. Late night, drunk, trying to drive home, very far drive, half asleep.

I slept one early morning a month ago near Vacaville. I woke up two hours later and couldn't remember where I was, or why I was in my car. It was great. Being drunk will do that to ya.

ok, I'm talking about Speed seats not having reclining ability. With the Sparco rails, the move back and forth fine.

goodjuan
02-18-2004, 01:34 AM
I sat in another 240 owner's car with the speeds, and Sparco rail and they were about an inch or so lower. Pretty nice. No adjustability, but if you're hardcore who cares.

I like the speeds too, I also like sleeping in my car, so I'm still deciding.

Do you mean they sit an inch lower than stock? Or are you saying that Recaro seats on Sparco sliders are lower than Sparco seats on Sparco sliders?

nightwalker
02-18-2004, 01:38 AM
the Speed models are made by Sparco, thus Sparco rails. Unless Recaro makes a Speed model I'm unaware of.

Yes, they are lower than stock.

AadosX
02-18-2004, 01:42 AM
Dude, what's the name of the thread lol? Recaro makes speed... so I guess that whole Sparco rail thing is off...

nightwalker
02-18-2004, 01:59 AM
I guess I am off. Give me a link, I want to see the Recaro Speeds.

DoriftoSlut
02-18-2004, 02:10 AM
SRDs sit a tad higher than stock (without custom rails). Speeds are a replacement update for the SRD correct? As in it is basically an SRD with facelift. Therefore we are able to deduce that Speeds, just like EVERY OTHER Recaro reclineable seat and Recaro rail setup will sit higher than stock.

The Sparco Speeds are a bucket seat wiht sidemount rails. Of course THEY will sit lower than stock.

Recaro reclineable seats on Sparco rails, Recaro rails, Zzyzx rails, monkey shit rails, APLC, whatgoddamnever rails will not sit lower than stock. You want that? get out your welder and steel.

END of discussion. If your brain even thinks (haha) about telling your fingers to type some reply wondering about using Recaros on a Bride rail or putting reclineables on sidemount rails, or mounting you seats to the fucking floor, I will take a coke bottle, rmove the cap, drain the contents, and then proceed to cram it through your ass halfway to the fucking moon. :w00t: I do not know how many times this can be discussed on zilvia.net. Come on. Stop, Think. Resume regular programming.

Hey... what the Recaro Speed say to the Sparco rail? Smmmmaaaaaaaaack! I'm Rick James bitch!

nightwalker
02-18-2004, 03:14 AM
YES SIR!

what if someone wants a coke bottle up their...

AadosX
02-22-2004, 08:01 PM
Great post DoriftoSlut.

Now, what GOOD seats DO sit lower than stock? I know Brix do, and most bucket seats... but do all bucket seats sit lower, including Recaro bucket seats? How do Sparco reclinables sit?

I just find it weird that Recaro (a great seat company IMO, not crap by any means) would make seats to sit higher than stock.

Heartwork
02-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Great post DoriftoSlut.

Now, what GOOD seats DO sit lower than stock? I know Brix do, and most bucket seats... but do all bucket seats sit lower, including Recaro bucket seats? How do Sparco reclinables sit?

I just find it weird that Recaro (a great seat company IMO, not crap by any means) would make seats to sit higher than stock.

its not that the Recaro seats sits higher than stock if u place other seats side by side...

u need to factor in what seat brackets are available...
Recaro-USA does not make brackets for 240sx's, so it leads to the crappy WEDGE USA or custom fabrication...

i have Wedge brackets on my Recaro SRD/Speeds, and they sit WAY higher..
Recaro of Japan seat brackets would sit you lower by ALOT

AadosX
02-22-2004, 08:10 PM
So can't I Just get those? Why didn't he just say 'get some JDM Recaro brackets...'?

Heartwork
02-22-2004, 09:10 PM
So can't I Just get those? Why didn't he just say 'get some JDM Recaro brackets...'?

well, Recaros will sit a lil higher than stock because of how big and cushiony the padding is...the seat dimensions may also be a lil bigger, but nothing noticeable

if u can get JDM Recaro brackets, good luck x's 100000000000000

AadosX
02-22-2004, 10:09 PM
Can you please elaborate on why? Can't I just get someone like Motorex or Jarco Inc. to get me some?

Heartwork
02-22-2004, 10:17 PM
Can you please elaborate on why? Can't I just get someone like Motorex or Jarco Inc. to get me some?

if you are like me, patience and money kicks my ass everytime....

edit: i just browsed through your website.. WOW!, what a A) blatant rip off or B)PURE coincidence of your logo/spelling, which is identical to my friends dumb team www.europrojektz.com

AadosX
02-22-2004, 10:29 PM
Yes I know... I get that all the time.

AadosX
02-22-2004, 11:20 PM
As I told your friend that just e-mailed me...

Believe it or not, it was complete coincidence. My friend is in German class at school, and we used to all have German cars, so that's how we came up with it. I simply went to a fonts website to look at fonts, and my favorite one was "beast machines". I have no idea if that's even the one that you use. Either way, though this is an inconvenience for me, I do understand. Thanks a TON for letting me know... and sorry for any problems I've given you. I just ask that you refrain from badging us as un-original, because that's far from the truth, though I see how hard it could be to believe.

...before I had only heard that we were ripping someone off... but no one ever went as far to show us. So we had no idea that it was an actual copywrite. *sigh* Damnit it took forever to finally pick out a name too. :duh: