PDA

View Full Version : GReddy E Manage?

AadosX
02-17-2004, 11:02 PM
Does anyone have any experience or info on this? It seems to be a much better alternative to the SAFC II.

Does it have a way to get rid of the speed limiter?
Do I have to use the Profec E-01, or can I just use a computer/laptop?

Thanks

Vatche
02-18-2004, 12:13 AM
i heard it does get rid of the limiter of speed, and you can buy programs for the emanage for a laptop....i think the profec just adds it self to the system emanage will work with addons, you just tell it u added on....from what ive heard im sure people out there that have one know better

IKu
02-18-2004, 12:22 AM
with the profec, you won't need a laptop or a support tool. with laptop, you need support tool.

AadosX
02-18-2004, 12:26 AM
Does support tool = software?

IKu
02-18-2004, 12:29 AM
it's a special cable and software.

AadosX
02-18-2004, 12:31 AM
Okie, thanks, awesome. Can you tell me what the pressure sensor and harness do?

Maeda
02-18-2004, 02:24 AM
The pressure sensor lets you suppliment the stock maf readings after it maxes out (alternative to a z32 maf).

If you use the profec e-01 you wont NEED the support tools, but it doesn't hurt either.

Steeles
02-18-2004, 08:27 AM
go to fresh alloy and search for posts on it from Blurple he did a very good write up on the adavantages/disadvantages of the emanage

95Blue240sx
02-18-2004, 09:38 AM
www.mogdparts.com go there and theres a email list you can search through and get info. theres a couple of KAT and SR guys on it. search kinda sucks though.

Red
02-18-2004, 09:45 AM
it's a special cable and software.

I hear its a normal USB cable....

I have the entire setup on the way to my house... It shows up tomarrow and will be installed within a week...

If you read about the system on different sites...

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/manuals/emanage_software_manual/004.JPG
http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/manuals/profec_e-01_manual/05.jpg

The suport tool is just the software... I opted to get the boost/e-manage programmer to be able to use all of the options. + every extra cord. Muhahah

I'll post more info once its installed and tuned

Grandpa
02-18-2004, 07:40 PM
I'm 99.99% sure the emanage does NOT get rid of the speed limiter.

It does neat stuff. Get the pressure sensor and harness, it makes tuning for b00st much easier. Besides allowing you to clamp the afm voltage, it also allows you to scale the injector map and timing map via pressure. This means you can add fuel or pull timing per psi. Get the timing harness, it lets you pull out timing per psi or afm voltage. Get the injector harness, it lets you add fuel via the injection table instead of modifying the afm voltages. This means no adverse timing effects.

Currently I'm running 50lb injectors, z32 maf, walbro pump and the emanage. Tuned on the dyno making 225whp @ 6psi.

It's a good unit, but don't expect the functionality of a standalone. BTW, the anti-engine stall feature is worthless. This means you HAVE to recirculate your bov if you go with the emanage. If that's a problem, consider a different route, unless you don't mind having the car start and idle either when it's cold or when it's warm but not both.

And like Steeles said, if you go to FA and search for john AND emanage (or user blurple240), I have made quite a few posts concerning it.

-john

Grandpa
02-18-2004, 07:44 PM
The support tool is NOT a usb cable. It has a serial interface, but there is a chip in it.

If you are running a laptop that does not have a serial port, PM me, and I will tell you which serial to USB converter to get. NOT ALL OF THEM WILL WORK!

-john

edit: I was kinda wrong above. A generic USB cable can be used to interface between the emanage and the e-01.

IKu
02-18-2004, 07:52 PM
yea, you heard wrong buddy, if you have profec or e-01 you need a normal usb cable.

Maeda
02-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Yes thats right HOWEVER if you link the emanage to a laptop you need the support tool cable NOT A USB

Trust me. I'm running emanage AND the profec e-01, and I still cannot use a laptop to tune because I dont own the cable.

You can always PM about emanage stuff.

Oh and john you don't NEED to recirculate the BOV, if you just turn the idle adjust screw on the block the BOV won't kill the motor (atleast thats how mines working right now).

Grandpa
02-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Maeda, what's your idle at when warm? I did play around with the idle, but I did not have any success with it.

-john

Maeda
02-18-2004, 09:10 PM
My cars undergoing a 5 speed swap but my idle in Drive was 780 and 900 in Neutral.

(IF ANYONE can tell me how to get the bellhousing bolts off it would be greatly appreciated)

AadosX
02-18-2004, 11:01 PM
Hrmm, why can't I use atmospheric BOV with the e-manage? Hell, I can do that with the shitty SAFC II... can you elaborate please? If you absolutely can't, what else is there besides e-manage and safc II?

Hell, do you think the SAFC is good enough for me? I've been leaning towards something better... I have an SR with all stock right now, but am about to add injectors, maf, and an s14 T28, running about 13 psi.

Brolewigi
02-19-2004, 05:46 AM
The Emanage has a calibration feature for supplimental and/or different injectors. This works quite well. It is used more for a ball park figure to get your idle correct. To get this thing working to it's full potential you need to get it tuned with a wideband. If you want to tune it yourself, this thing is a great tool. It is very easy to use, and well worth the money. The support tool has a great data logging feature where you can use it to tune ignition, A/F, and you can see your manifold pressure all in real time. The harnesses are just for tuning purposes. the more harnesses you get, the more tuning capabilities you have. The real time graphs are really easy to use and easy to tune. The software is really easy to learn. The E-01 is just like the laptop, as in function. The feature with it controlling boost just makes it that much better. I would get this instead of the laptop and software. You do not need to get the pressure harness if you ARE getting the E-01. The E-01 comes with the pressure harness. I would get all of them (Except the Pressure, maybe the aditional injector harness) It is worth it. Quite cheap too!

*The only problem I had with it was since it was set up for a Vtec honda application, my turbocharged non-vetc honda went a little crazy. I have not heard how powerful they are on Nissans but It is a lot of bang for the buck.Since I upgraded injectors from 240cc to 450cc injectors the computer flipped out and was misfiring on all four cyinders, I was runnin EXTREMLY rich, Detonating when I started dyno tuning my car. That system squeazed about 100hp and about 90lbs of torque out of my integra.

The interface cable from the Emanage unit to the laptop is a serial port. However, to minimize software piracy they use a special cable that can only be used with the emanage software. I have the software and all of the bells and whistles are worth it. I had an SAFCII and it is a lot stronger.The Safc has designated tuning points in 500rpm incriments. With the Emanage, you can set the scale to anything you want to fine tune your fuel curve.

I highly reccommend this, It saved my car.

Grandpa
02-19-2004, 06:39 AM
Hrmm, why can't I use atmospheric BOV with the e-manage? Hell, I can do that with the shitty SAFC II... can you elaborate please? If you absolutely can't, what else is there besides e-manage and safc II?

Hell, do you think the SAFC is good enough for me? I've been leaning towards something better... I have an SR with all stock right now, but am about to add injectors, maf, and an s14 T28, running about 13 psi.

Okay, here's the deal. I'm only explaining it once on this forum.

The emanage has an anti-engine stall feature, much like the afc. However, the feature is a huge pain to set up. It has a throttle position, 8 rpm points (which can all be changed), and 8 corresponding cells to enter afm voltages. Now the intended purpose of those values is to clamp the afm voltages (which is exactly what the AFC does). However, the programmers at GReddy were smokin some doobie snacks when they were working, because that ain't what it does.

Once you reach the input throttle position and the inputted rpm point, the voltage you enter is what the emanage keeps the car at. What does this mean? It means it doesn't clamp an upper or lower boundary; it sets 1, and only 1, value. This sucks. It means the IAV constantly battles with it. It means the car idles either when it's cold or when it's warm, but not both (afm voltages are different in both cases, in fact, they're different when the engine is kinda warm too).

So what does this long post mean? It means the anti-engine stall feature makes your engine stall. It means, unless you f0rk with your idle speeds and crank up your IAV, you will stall from off-throttle. It means you should really recirculate your bov.

If the atmospheric bov means the world to you (read: you're a ricer), go get an afc, or run a blow-through maf, or run a standalone map-based system, or stop being a ricer and recirculate it.

-jon

Steeles
02-19-2004, 07:13 AM
Okay, here's the deal. I'm only explaining it once on this forum.

The emanage has an anti-engine stall feature, much like the afc. However, the feature is a huge pain to set up. It has a throttle position, 8 rpm points (which can all be changed), and 8 corresponding cells to enter afm voltages. Now the intended purpose of those values is to clamp the afm voltages (which is exactly what the AFC does). However, the programmers at GReddy were smokin some doobie snacks when they were working, because that ain't what it does.

Once you reach the input throttle position and the inputted rpm point, the voltage you enter is what the emanage keeps the car at. What does this mean? It means it doesn't clamp an upper or lower boundary; it sets 1, and only 1, value. This sucks. It means the IAV constantly battles with it. It means the car idles either when it's cold or when it's warm, but not both (afm voltages are different in both cases, in fact, they're different when the engine is kinda warm too).

So what does this long post mean? It means the anti-engine stall feature makes your engine stall. It means, unless you f0rk with your idle speeds and crank up your IAV, you will stall from off-throttle. It means you should really recirculate your bov.

If the atmospheric bov means the world to you (read: you're a ricer), go get an afc, or run a blow-through maf, or run a standalone map-based system, or stop being a ricer and recirculate it.

-jon

dude you misspelled your own friggin name... how the hell do you mangae that? hehe. your such a tool. what are you doing slumming over here anyway?

oh and fellas this is Blurple :) whom I mentioned earlier

IKu
02-19-2004, 09:15 AM
The Emanage has a calibration feature for supplimental and/or different injectors. This works quite well. It is used more for a ball park figure to get your idle correct. To get this thing working to it's full potential you need to get it tuned with a wideband. If you want to tune it yourself, this thing is a great tool. It is very easy to use, and well worth the money. The support tool has a great data logging feature where you can use it to tune ignition, A/F, and you can see your manifold pressure all in real time. The harnesses are just for tuning purposes. the more harnesses you get, the more tuning capabilities you have. The real time graphs are really easy to use and easy to tune. The software is really easy to learn. The E-01 is just like the laptop, as in function. The feature with it controlling boost just makes it that much better. I would get this instead of the laptop and software. You do not need to get the pressure harness if you ARE getting the E-01. The E-01 comes with the pressure harness. I would get all of them (Except the Pressure, maybe the aditional injector harness) It is worth it. Quite cheap too!

*The only problem I had with it was since it was set up for a Vtec honda application, my turbocharged non-vetc honda went a little crazy. I have not heard how powerful they are on Nissans but It is a lot of bang for the buck.Since I upgraded injectors from 240cc to 450cc injectors the computer flipped out and was misfiring on all four cyinders, I was runnin EXTREMLY rich, Detonating when I started dyno tuning my car. That system squeazed about 100hp and about 90lbs of torque out of my integra.

The interface cable from the Emanage unit to the laptop is a serial port. However, to minimize software piracy they use a special cable that can only be used with the emanage software. I have the software and all of the bells and whistles are worth it. I had an SAFCII and it is a lot stronger.The Safc has designated tuning points in 500rpm incriments. With the Emanage, you can set the scale to anything you want to fine tune your fuel curve.

I highly reccommend this, It saved my car.

i believe you need the profec e-01 to control boost, the e-01 is only a programmer to use in lieu of the support tool/laptop.

Grandpa
02-19-2004, 10:11 AM
dude you misspelled your own friggin name... how the hell do you mangae that? hehe. your such a tool. what are you doing slumming over here anyway?

oh and fellas this is Blurple :) whom I mentioned earlier

lol. I kick ass.

I get all worked up when I start talking about the anti-stall feature. It makes me so mad, I forget things, like my own name. I mean, seriously GReddy, is it possible to make it more useless? I need to part Russ' car out so I can buy a standalone.

I usually lurk over here, and every once in a while I'll post on a thread that I think I'm one of the few that can answer.

-john

Maeda
02-19-2004, 11:30 AM
If the atmospheric bov means the world to you (read: you're a ricer).

Hell YAH I AM! :p
One of the points I considered for swapping to 5 speed, was that I get to hear my BOV more often. :D

AadosX
02-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Will using the Power FC let me vent the bov? Does it just pants down own Emanage?

Grandpa
02-19-2004, 12:33 PM
Will using the Power FC let me vent the bov? Does it just pants down own Emanage?

It's pretty much a standalone and costs over twice as much. What do you think?

-john

Steeles
02-19-2004, 12:45 PM
It's pretty much a standalone and costs over twice as much. What do you think?

-john

twice as much? pffffft im gonna spend 6 on mineat the most :) but then you know where I shop John ;)

AadosX
02-19-2004, 12:57 PM
I'm just going to get the bov shit worked out first, THEN get e-manage most likely. I've decided to just see if that HKS SSQV works. If it doesn't, I'll just recirc a Greddy Type-S.

Brolewigi
02-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Yes you do need the Profec E-01 to controll boost. I should have reworded it better. The Emanage has a feature that is basically a Boost cut feature. Or, a fuel adding feature. You imput certian psi to rpm points and the fuel curve compensates for that. I used this when I tuned my car. If boost spikes fuel will be added to compensate for the extra air comming into the engine. That is what the pressure sensor is on the Emanage itself. It just records and interprets positive manifold pressure to prevent detonation. This is an extra tuning feature, or rather a safty precaution.

And why do you want to vent the excess air into the atmosphere so bad. Recirculating the air actually improves your spool up time. If you are just doing it so that you can hear it better, you should be smacked.

When I tuned my car the anti-stall feature actually helped me. I was running Dsm injectors(450cc) in my honda (240cc). I could not take out enough fuel. I am currently running a 60% duty cycle on those injectors. I have plenty of fuel to spare. Anyways, I had to compensate by turning the anti-stall way up and turning the injector size down. I did this because I needed to fool the Emanage and the ECU to thinking that they were smaller injectors so that there was less fuel being pumped into my car at idle. After I put the injectors in my car barely ran. I had to keep it above idle just to prevent my car from stalling. I went through three sets of NGK spark plugs and a set of Blitz (Balla) spark plugs. I spent almost $200.00 on spark plugs alone when I tuned. I am babaling.

Anyways, I used it and it was an advantage to me. Now, I'm not saying that it is stupid and it sucks. It does. But it worked for me.

Grandpa
02-19-2004, 04:50 PM
twice as much? pffffft im gonna spend 6 on mineat the most :) but then you know where I shop John ;)

That place is going to 0wn the Atlanta list in a couple more months. Russ already has an IV running straight to them. Charlie is working on it, and you're next. :Ownedd:

-john

Steeles
02-19-2004, 07:03 PM
hahah yes yes it will. lol and charlies headed over there too?!?! chit we're gonna be horrible.

Gladman
03-02-2004, 10:51 AM
is it possible to tune e-manage without a laptop?

wheres the best place to order the setup from?

Steeles
03-02-2004, 11:45 AM
you didnt read this thread did you? the answer to the first question is in it. several times.

where to order from? an authorized greddy dealer.

nismo2491
03-08-2004, 10:16 PM

-jon
or it means I'm running on a very nice setup and am using a blow off valve without a recirculation feature (tial) because its the only one I trust my setup with and don't want to spend extra $2100 to spend on the haltech. I don't think a weekend driven low 12 sec car with an open blow off valve and no body work qualifies as a ricer. sorry. my $.02
I'm looking into the e-manage personally. I think its a great system they have just not sure if all the little bugs are worked out. I may stick with my s-afc 2, avc-r and jwt ecu for the time being and see if greddy brings out a version 2 or something before I decide to drop the look on the haltech (probably sometime next winter). I want to see better anti-stall features and shit because unless tial comes with a recirculating valve or my mechanic (extreme motorsports, as in 8 sec AWD DSM) reccomends me a different one I'm keeping open dump. Yeah I do all my own work but I don't trust all my own opinions. otherwise I'd be running a shitty ass deltagate rather than a tial 38mm right now. yeah I'm ranting
KEvin

Grandpa
03-09-2004, 09:22 AM
or it means I'm running on a very nice setup and am using a blow off valve without a recirculation feature (tial) because its the only one I trust my setup with and don't want to spend extra $2100 to spend on the haltech. I don't think a weekend driven low 12 sec car with an open blow off valve and no body work qualifies as a ricer. sorry. my $.02
I'm looking into the e-manage personally. I think its a great system they have just not sure if all the little bugs are worked out. I may stick with my s-afc 2, avc-r and jwt ecu for the time being and see if greddy brings out a version 2 or something before I decide to drop the look on the haltech (probably sometime next winter). I want to see better anti-stall features and shit because unless tial comes with a recirculating valve or my mechanic (extreme motorsports, as in 8 sec AWD DSM) reccomends me a different one I'm keeping open dump. Yeah I do all my own work but I don't trust all my own opinions. otherwise I'd be running a shitty ass deltagate rather than a tial 38mm right now. yeah I'm ranting
KEvin

If you're running such a hardcore setup that you NEED a tial bov, then why on earth are you even considering a piggy-back fuel controller? Why don't you go buy a used Haltech e6k off of ebay for $1000 or so.

Wait, you do all your own work but you have a mechanic? You don't trust your own opinions, but you'll trust others? Sounds like you aren't as hardcore as you think you are... Maybe you should consider a different bov with recirculation ability: Greddy Type R or HKS ssqv...

-john

AadosX
03-09-2004, 10:56 AM
LoL, I just noticed that John spelled his own name wrong when he wrote a sig in.

Grandpa
03-09-2004, 02:14 PM
LoL, I just noticed that John spelled his own name wrong when he wrote a sig in.

It's cause I'm a dillhole. Actually, it's cause I get soooo passionate about the emanage, all reason and spell-checking abilities fly out the window.

-jon (or John) or jonn or johhnnn

Ricer240sx
03-28-2004, 06:49 PM
wow, lots of info, but i was wondering if anyone can give me a comparison between the eMAnage and the Pwer FC, i no that the FC is a standalone and the eMAnage is a piggy back but what are the pros and cons of both compaired to each other??

also i have heard that with the SAFC u can only get injectors up to a certin amout over stock? is that true?? and does that apply to the eManage too???

i am building a KA-T and will be pushing 300-350rwhp tops so i was wondering which would be a better choice? the eManage or SAFC, or would i have to get the FC?? i got the 370cc injectors, will thoes be enough?? (w/walbro fuel pump??) also got a Z32 MAF

sorry for straying a bit lol

Steeles
03-28-2004, 08:31 PM
wow, lots of info, but i was wondering if anyone can give me a comparison between the eMAnage and the Pwer FC, i no that the FC is a standalone and the eMAnage is a piggy back but what are the pros and cons of both compaired to each other??

also i have heard that with the SAFC u can only get injectors up to a certin amout over stock? is that true?? and does that apply to the eManage too???

i am building a KA-T and will be pushing 300-350rwhp tops so i was wondering which would be a better choice? the eManage or SAFC, or would i have to get the FC?? i got the 370cc injectors, will thoes be enough?? (w/walbro fuel pump??) also got a Z32 MAF

sorry for straying a bit lol

what motor are you running? Im assuming KA since you said you already have 370cc. the thing with the SAFC is that it can only modify the injector signal +/- 50% of their flow rate. so it cant make your ECU think 720s are 270(or whatever stock KA's are). they dont make a Power FC for KAs so your choices are the emange or a ROM tune from secret services, jim wolfe, or whoever else offers them or standalone like the Tec 3 which is serious overkill but hey. for 300-350 Id say go with 550cc injectors. you can use the Safc for those and the Z32 and probably get there.

Ricer240sx
03-28-2004, 09:36 PM
what motor are you running? Im assuming KA since you said you already have 370cc. the thing with the SAFC is that it can only modify the injector signal +/- 50% of their flow rate. so it cant make your ECU think 720s are 270(or whatever stock KA's are). they dont make a Power FC for KAs so your choices are the emange or a ROM tune from secret services, jim wolfe, or whoever else offers them or standalone like the Tec 3 which is serious overkill but hey. for 300-350 Id say go with 550cc injectors. you can use the Safc for those and the Z32 and probably get there.
yeah im goin with the KA

so, are u saying that i should be good with the SAFC??

and could u elaborate alittle more one the injector part?? but what im getting is that i can use the SAFC with the 550cc's and still be able to tune it right??

Thanx a lot for the help and sorry if im thread jacking :hyper:

Steeles
03-29-2004, 06:54 AM
An SAFC works by tricking your ECU into thinkingyour injectors are bigger or smaller than they really are. it can do this up to 50% of the injectors size. going with an injector MORE than 50% of what the ECU is inspecting means the car will run rich because the ecu is seeing the signal and dumping fuel. if the SAFC cant alter the signal enough to get the right amount of fuel the ECU is dumping what it thinks is sthe right amount of fuel but will be whatever %age over 50 that the SAFC cant account for.

hope that makes sense.

on a KA for 300-350...I dunno if the 550s are the safe bet or not. (im not saying they wont do it Im saying I dont know) Dennis's car is runnnig 357rwhp at 15 psi, but he is using 72lb injectors. i dunno if that was choice or necessity.

Ricer240sx
03-29-2004, 10:57 AM
i think i got what ur saying lol thanx for the help and ill jsut run with the 370cc's for now and then when time comes ill upgrade if i have to :D i think ill pop for teh eManage right away too :D

Steeles
03-29-2004, 11:16 AM
good choice. overbuild where/when you can. :)

Maeda
03-29-2004, 04:11 PM
It's cause I'm a dillhole. Actually, it's cause I get soooo passionate about the emanage, all reason and spell-checking abilities fly out the window.

-jon (or John) or jonn or johhnnn

John we gotta swap some info on our setups when your all done (are you?).
Im trying to figure out if I can convert to open loop for gas mileage reasons, and the fact that my setup up is so unique it makes it impossible for anyone to help me...

Ricer240sx
05-08-2004, 04:51 PM
ok, i got another question on this.

i was reading threw the discription of the eManage and teh profec E-01 and i dont no if i missed something or if im right. but it seems as though u have more adjustablity if u get the harnnes and hook up to a laptop instead of using the Profec. is that right??? cause right now im jsut planning to u se the profec but if u can do more with the laptop i will just get the Profec B Spec II and get the harness and use my buddies laptop. so let me know what the hell is up wit dis ;)