PDA

View Full Version : s14 walbro fuel pump not priming

jlmillionaire
06-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Hi all, i was driving my car for about a week straight no problems with the fuel pump, primed started up fine every time since i did the original install a while back.When i parked my car i left her running for about a minute the fuel pump kind of sounded louder to me.i go to start my car later that day and it bogged and died could not rev passed 1k rpm i suppose that was just the rest of the fuel getting used.This is actually my second walbro i'm going through i'm thinking about getting the aeromotive 244lph fp. let me know what you guys think.

jlmillionaire
06-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Nobody wants to chime in and give any thoughts to this thread?

Promise Land
06-24-2012, 01:58 PM
I've had a Walbro in my car for 2 years without an issue. Are you running the tank dry and sucking up debris or possibly have a plugged fuel filter?

project-D180
06-24-2012, 02:06 PM
i would say go with the deatswerks

jlmillionaire
06-24-2012, 04:54 PM
well i also have issues with my float gauge,it goes passed empty at times and it goes up and down spontainously, it started when i installed the fuel pump and the black and gray wires came of the plug to the sending unit i fixed the wiring issue pushed the wires back into the pins and applied some solder in the plug to secure the wires , but the gauge is still experiencing issues with proper reading, maybe i need a replacement sending unit but i don't want the hassle of dropping the gas tank to replace everything if that's needed.

jlmillionaire
06-24-2012, 04:55 PM
so that company is better then aeromotive???

Promise Land
06-25-2012, 04:10 PM
you don't have to drop the tank to get the sending unit out. You just need to take the top cover off the tank and pull the sender out.

jlmillionaire
06-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Ok how hard is the install on the sending unit

cotbu
06-26-2012, 09:35 AM
You've got to be able to spell the company you recommend!
Ok how hard is the install on the sending unit
You've installed 2 fuel pumps already, how hard was it? It's just maneuvering the float as in such a way, that it will not bend or bind, while taking it out and putting it in.

You can test the float and gauge, while the pump assembly is out of the tank, just use caution!
PS with a walbro fuel pump, 1/4 tank is the new empty!

S-Nation S13
06-26-2012, 09:40 AM
not priming, did you check to see if there is a signal coming out of the ecu ?? mine did this and after all was said and done my damn ecu fried!!!

riptor
06-26-2012, 11:27 AM
not priming, did you check to see if there is a signal coming out of the ecu ?? mine did this and after all was said and done my damn ecu fried!!!
ditto! the fuel pump relay gets its ground from the ecu. so if the pump isnt priming and all your fuses and relays read good, then sorry bud bu that thing is toast! :rl:

jlmillionaire
06-28-2012, 06:52 PM
I dont think the ecu is fried my engine cranks and everything works besides fuel pump, im going to test it this weekend

jlmillionaire
07-08-2012, 07:44 PM
so i take out my fuel pump today, it was corroded with rust and and connections were corrosive as well im gonna post photos, turns out that the fuel pump was good because i tested it with leads off a battery pumped. i cleaned the the pump and sock with alchohol re installed the pump works fine but is there a way to clean out the gas tank so this wont happen again?