PDA

View Full Version : 80mm Exhaust - SR20det - quietest exhaust

speeddreamz
02-17-2004, 03:27 PM
Ok, i know exhaust threads have been discussed up the ass, but I did use the search and it didn't seem to be very useful in deciding my question.

Here are some of the 80mm exhausts that are on the market:

-Rs-R GT2
-Apex N1/Duals
-Greddy Evo I/II (can someone tell me the diff between the two I think one is 80 and one 84 mm)
-Hks hi-power turbo application not n/a application (75mm but its almost there)
-5zigen fireball in turbo application is (80 mm)
-5zigen pro racer (80mm)

I know right away, the apex duals/ and single n1 are loud as hell I own the dual and its too much for me gotten pulled over so many times its not even funny anymore.

Rs-r gt2 i've heard is loud, but i heard the exmag 70mm is quiet?

Greddy evo...not sure on that one?

hks hi-power in turbo application not sure about the loudness but i've heard its quiet in NA trim.

Bottom line, i want the quietest possible exhaust or more along the lines of deeper. BUT definitly not fartcanish.If there are any other brands you can suggest that would be much appreciated.Would a butterfly valve be a better option maybe? can someone suggest one of those, i've heard the jic one is not being produced beause they're afraid someone will use WOT when the valve is closed and cause engine damage?

speeddreamz
02-17-2004, 04:11 PM
after finding one more thread it seems that people like the greddy evo with the 80mm piping... not the bigger size. Is it true...under 3500 quiet and above its a nice sound?

Muzzy
02-17-2004, 05:52 PM
..the evo isnt even made for the 240s kook

go RSR or Blitz like me!!
u wont be disapointed with the blitz

quiet??? :fruit: :ghey:

the only quite one u listed is the 5zigen and.....maybe HKS

wylin
02-17-2004, 05:58 PM
HKS Hiper is either 85mm in normal (mild steel) and 25th aniversary guise, and 75mm in silent hiper guise. BTW

Greddy PE2 is probably the quietest exhaust on na and t/c apps i have heard for 240sx.

speeddreamz
02-17-2004, 09:31 PM
..the evo isnt even made for the 240s kook

go RSR or Blitz like me!!
u wont be disapointed with the blitz

quiet??? :fruit: :ghey:

the only quite one u listed is the 5zigen and.....maybe HKS

im trippin... ur right i ment power extreme... does t/c stand for turbo cars?

Muzzy
02-17-2004, 11:39 PM
yea..or F/I which no one has said...."forced induction"

i did want PE...but i drive an S13...so i gotta blitz
too many Apex out there

mbmbmb23
02-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Check into the Blitz Realize....its pretty hot and the can is oval so it tucks under nicely.

-m

speeddreamz
02-18-2004, 04:35 PM
im trippin... ur right i ment power extreme... does t/c stand for turbo cars?

Wait, the greddy evo ii and power extreme ii does go on s13 ...according to projectnissan's website www.projectnissan.com

Muzzy
02-18-2004, 08:50 PM
...well greddy says otherwise

speeddreamz
02-18-2004, 09:58 PM
I think actually im going for the blitz realize TT... dude at project nissan says he has it on his s14 with a straight pipe and its as quiet as idle and suposedly "doesn't get much louder than that" when hes mashing it.

I've heard it tucks under nicley per the guy befforeme , plus it has a few bends so if i lower my car some more it won't be a problem.

Muzzy
02-18-2004, 10:07 PM
go 4 it dude

joeyd
02-21-2004, 07:34 AM
Which exhaust would show you the most efficent power increase?

Thanks, Joe

Doriftomodachi
02-21-2004, 08:09 AM
Turbo cars are usually quieter. I have an sr20det and I just bought an apex n1 and it's not that loud. I hear that on n/a cars it's pretty loud, especially with the hotshot header. I picked up my n1 for $300 brand new so I couldn't pass it up and I'm really happy with it. The car pulls like crazy now!

97DubTruck
02-21-2004, 10:27 AM
HKS hi power is really loud on na but on an sr im sure it would be tolerable. also look at the rs r because i saw a video of a 90 hatch with the rs r and it wasn't really loud but throaty at higher rpms. that was on a ca18det so on an sr it would sound nice.

wylin
02-21-2004, 12:45 PM
I have a Hi Power (hiper) 25th aniversary exhaust on my car 85mm on a basically stock s14 SR engine..its totally tollerable if you dont drive like an idiot.