PDA

View Full Version : intake manifold thread fix

mr2gons14
06-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Hey guys i searched as im sure this has been covered before but i cannot seem to find it. Lemme ive some background on what happened. Those crappy coolant lines underneath the intake mani blew so i replaced them in the process i noticed my intake mani had a small crack on the flange connected to the block. Didnt seem to effect diving so i didnt think anything of it. I also ripped my iacv gasket and recently fixed it with a little gasket maker. The back bolt on the iacv flange broke off so fuck it i ordered a new intake mani the other day. One of the bolts on the intake mani stripped and i needa know the correct helicoil to get to fix it. Also im pretty sure this is the issue but a leak in the iacv and intake mani would make cold starts hard am i correct? cause that only started to happen after all this crap. Lemme know i needa get my shit runnin so i can get a tune.

ka4life87
06-21-2012, 01:19 PM
I see it causing idling and driveability issues but not hard cold starts

mr2gons14
06-21-2012, 01:42 PM
a leak in the iacv wouldnt cause hard hold starts? i was under the impression that it did

ka4life87
06-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Just depends ur definition of hard start, leak in icv might cause engine to start then die if u dont give it gas, but isnt going to keep the engine from starting

mr2gons14
06-21-2012, 02:03 PM
o no itll start if i give it gas and open the throttle a bit after a few tries. itll catch and start then die the first like 3 times then finally while milking it a bit itll start but ill have to let it warm up first or it stutters when i push on the gas. So that sounds like the iacv and mani gasket to me any insight. Also with the threading question would a stronger bolt work instead of a helicoil or what?

ka4life87
06-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Oh yeah if it starts but will die unless u keep ur foot on the gas is definately iacv problem, could be either its leaking or also make sure u didnt reverse the plugs that go to iacv, u have a black one and another one is yellow or light blue i think, they are the same connector and plug them in backwards, heli coil should be fine to fix ur thread

mr2gons14
06-21-2012, 02:26 PM
cool u know what size to get for the helicoil? i havent removed the plugs from the iacv yet all i did was take it off the flange to get to the coolant hose. Ill be able to see more when I swap out intake manis

ka4life87
06-21-2012, 03:42 PM
No, just take a bolt to harware store they will tell u

mr2gons14
06-21-2012, 04:16 PM
yea haha imma have to hope one of my buddies can help me out