PDA

View Full Version : Sick of getting busted for no Front Plates?

silviaguy
02-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Here is Chicago,IL. I am Sick of getting busted for no front plates. I just ordered this for my car and just wanted to pass it on to you all also.

http://www.tsubasa.us//members/samad/plate.gif

Here is the link to RareTrick from where I ordered mine from. Folding Plate (http://www.raretrick.com/index1.asp?cat=1643&Page=1&Display=Yes&Back=Listings&ProductsID=7124) :squintd:

dvdevo
02-16-2004, 03:28 PM
so the plate turns into a weapon for the car in front of u? hehe put some spikes on top.

DRFT
02-16-2004, 03:40 PM
old news, seen those for years already, but not too shabby :)

silviaguy
02-16-2004, 03:45 PM
old news, seen those for years already, but not too shabby :)

Yes, you are right, but I for one never was able to find someone in the U.S. that could get them till now.

holisticbeatz
02-16-2004, 03:50 PM
eek! $75.. If I had a front license plate, I'd just ziptie it to my bumper..

Muzzy
02-16-2004, 03:54 PM
dude i had that idea years ago....to get away from cops..lol

silviaguy
02-16-2004, 03:55 PM
eek! $75.. If I had a front license plate, I'd just ziptie it to my bumper..

$75 is nothing to :faint: over. Considering that its coming from Japan...

Gladman
02-16-2004, 04:04 PM
how does it work? fold back in the wind? or cable controlled?

s0ldats
02-16-2004, 04:12 PM
i made one from home depot for like 10 bucks in hardware.

twitchy
02-16-2004, 04:27 PM
WTF is the point

leave your plate on

or stick it with suction cups to the inside of the windsheild- as long as its "visible from the front of the car" nothing says it HAS to be on the bumper. At least in Canada

dvdevo
02-16-2004, 04:34 PM
well in california, it dont matter if its shown in the front. It HAS to be on the bumper. Pretty lame

matlock
02-16-2004, 04:46 PM
It does seem steep, but I think s0ldats has the right idea, by making his own....maybe he can post pictures/instructions or something. None of the cops here really care about it, I haven't been pulled over for it.

HiPSI
02-16-2004, 04:59 PM
if it's flopping back in the wind i believe a cop will still pull you over.

BadMoJo
02-16-2004, 05:05 PM
I am in cali and I have never had a front plate on any of my cars. All 7 of them. Never gotten shit from cops or anything. Guess I am just lucky. :)

S15 Powered
02-16-2004, 05:16 PM
I am in cali and I have never had a front plate on any of my cars. All 7 of them. Never gotten shit from cops or anything. Guess I am just lucky. :)
They only do it in places like the Bay Area, LA, or San Diego. If you're out on the Central Coast or anywhere else they really don't care.

No Motiv
02-16-2004, 06:21 PM
i think the deal with the plate frame is at like 70 miles an hour it folds back (like in the pic)...the "reason" for why it dopes that is it supposed to direct mor air ibot a intercooler (like its gonna make a difference)....what its actually made for (i think) is for tricking speed camera's in Japa(im glad we dont have those here). so basically with this license plate frame the camera wont catch your license plate when you speeding cuz...DUH it gets pushed back.....but in most cases instead you see cars in japan with the license plat angled in...which works just as well.........so i dont knwo why your getting this.........that means your license plate is only not shown..when your speeding...that is just as bad.....that was soooo stupid to buiy that peice of crap...but hey if you wanna throw away your money go ahead.....if it were me i would just get a front license plate.......you can always take them off...when you wanna look cool...and be a rebel...

twitchy
02-16-2004, 07:46 PM
the lack of wind resistance when it goes back probably adds at least 6 horsepower.....every honda kid will have one soon

revat619
02-16-2004, 08:41 PM
C'mon now, is it really that hard? :ugh:

If you dont want to put a front plate on, dont. Just keep it in your trunk. And when you do get rolled, just put it on in front of the cop. 9 times out 10 they'll first ask you if you have it with you anyways. If you have it, you just put it back on and they'll let you off....unless the cop is a complete jerk or is having a really bad day.

Burmonster
02-17-2004, 12:32 AM
hahaha, dont have to have front plates in Georgia

I win.....

mrmephistopheles
02-17-2004, 12:54 AM
They only do it in places like the Bay Area, LA, or San Diego. If you're out on the Central Coast or anywhere else they really don't care.

I'll have to call BS on this one.. I've ben driving in SD for over 3 years now and have only been hassled about front plate ONCE. By bored Marine sentries at the base. Stupid $5 gay ticket. Guess what? Plates STILL not on.
No local PD cop / Sheriff / CHP has given me grief about it.

:x:

brokenben
02-17-2004, 12:59 AM
I'll have to call BS on this one.. I've ben driving in SD for over 3 years now and have only been hassled about front plate ONCE. By bored Marine sentries at the base. Stupid $5 gay ticket. Guess what? Plates STILL not on.

word. ive only been hassled once.. and he said.. "well.. you really shud get one up front.." thats it.. never put one in front.. and im still good. the end.

Andrew Bohan
02-17-2004, 01:49 AM
i don't even have holes in my (stock) bumper for a plate. i've gotten 2 warnings, both in bay area

matlock
02-17-2004, 02:11 AM
I just keep mine in the trunk with some zip ties just in case, but I haven't been hassled about not having one on either of my 2 cars.

thx247
02-17-2004, 02:17 AM
in California its illegal to have a plate mounted that that it may move.

Andrew Bohan
02-17-2004, 02:19 AM
it's laws like that that make it so I may move

Yuri
02-17-2004, 03:39 AM
I go to school in Michigan, but my car is registered in Wisconsin. Since MI doesn't require front plates, but since I have holes anyway, I get to use my Nagano plate. yay

240meowth
02-17-2004, 04:39 AM
juste leave the front plates on, what is the big whoop?! i took extra time to fabricate clips so that the plate can stay on w/ my J's bumper.

Gladman
02-17-2004, 04:56 AM
Ive been pulled over 6 times in the last year for not having a front plate, ive never recieved a ticket to date, and i still drive without it....

S15 Powered
02-17-2004, 04:24 PM

I didn't say that you're necessarily going to get pulled over in these places. Just that if you're outside of them, you're more than likely not gonna get rolled.

Siizzzoooo
02-17-2004, 04:31 PM
why dont u just relocate it to the drivers side of the bumper? thats what im doing :D

oberkill
02-17-2004, 06:29 PM
I have that exact piece on my car. You will need to drill a new hole in your plate to make it work. They are about 3500 yen at Autobaks in Japan, I got mine for my Skyline when I lived there and brought it back with me when I left. Only down side is that my friends walk by my car yell "rashambo" and kick it!!! lol

Alan

Edit - just looked at the link, I have the same thing but not made by AB-Flug, Its some sort of autobaks knockoff... lol

KiDyNomiTe
02-17-2004, 06:30 PM
WTF is the point

leave your plate on

or stick it with suction cups to the inside of the windsheild- as long as its "visible from the front of the car" nothing says it HAS to be on the bumper. At least in Canada
And when it falls off while you are doing spirited driving and slices your passengers neck.

I just have mine on the ground, if they ask where it is I'll say I dont have the mounting thing. Never been pulled over for it once, its been about a year now. Live in chicago too.

silviaguy
02-17-2004, 10:10 PM
You must be lucky! I have the tickets to show that I am not :wtc:

Sanchi
02-18-2004, 06:59 AM
how much is the ticket anyways??

silviaguy
02-18-2004, 07:23 AM
how much is the ticket anyways??

two of them where $25 each and my last one was $75!!! :eek3:

suhster85
02-18-2004, 07:41 AM
well in california, it dont matter if its shown in the front. It HAS to be on the bumper. Pretty lame
Actually it has to be a certain distance from the front of your car...but anyway I know this guy who builds cars, and he used to be a cop. My friend was getting a rollcage from him and he built something exactly like this for him. Made it, put it on and everything for free, so it isnt that hard and is pretty cheap.

nismo2491
02-18-2004, 08:32 AM
here in MD I've been pulled over several times for having not front tag. $35 ticket.
I'd say move it to the passenger side, except in my case, because in most of the cars if its on passenger side you're not blocking any airflow to where you may have a cold air intake, and even if you don't and have the silencer for the intake cut out you still get a little airflow into there. In my case It is going on that side because if I put it on the other side I'll be blocking the airflow to my oil cooler and I'd rather have airflow to an oil cooler than airflow to intercooler piping.
KEvin

darithS
02-18-2004, 11:18 AM
LOL we haven't had plates on for about 3 months at all and the cops won't even trip, now we just have the rear plate on, and they still don't trip.

balmo
02-18-2004, 12:22 PM
i dont have my plate in the front and im fm the bay area. the only time i got pulled over is becasue i didnt let the chp pass me, stupid me!

KoukiS14
02-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Thank god I don't have to worry about a front plate

Enan
02-18-2004, 01:02 PM
I had my front plate in the front windshield and got stopped. I just dropped it on the passenger floor, there it lays and haven't been stopped since.

stealthj
02-18-2004, 01:07 PM
had my cars for 2 yrs never got pulled over for not having a front plate...

theres not even holes for them.... if cop pulls me over i just say it never came any i only have one and nothign will prolly happen....

HyperTek
02-18-2004, 02:04 PM
id rather mount it low and to the passangers side, thats still JDM tight yo! hehe.

If you get pulled over, jus say sumthin like "Sorry, I jus came from a car show and forgot to put it back on." blah blah

NervGS
02-18-2004, 02:52 PM
Fuck it.

Just don't put it on. All is good.

My friend has one, and I think its the most useless modification.

-glenn

ryan hagen
02-19-2004, 12:58 AM
It does seem steep, but I think s0ldats has the right idea, by making his own....maybe he can post pictures/instructions or something. None of the cops here really care about it, I haven't been pulled over for it.

i m in the same town, ive gotten pulled over twice, the cop the first time was just checking out my car i think cause he didnt ask of registration or driver lisc. until i asked if he wanted them then he was like ahh i guess, if only i wouldnt have said anything, he just kinda checked out the back interior and my chais bars i made, then looked at the harnesses, and gauges and shit.
but the second time was almost the same deal, lol they just ask if the bracket came with the car, and i say yah but it was broke and i ordered a new one and they let me go, but state troopers will give u a fix it ticket, they suck

andrave
02-19-2004, 02:15 AM
buy a post office box in my town in WV and you can do whatever the fuck you want with your car. For 50 bucks a year the guy that inspects my car will prolly mail you a WV inspection sticket to slap on whatever the fuck you are driving, and you just need one plate in the back. and then if the cali cops start moaning about carb shit you can back hand them and say "fuck you, proud to be west virginian."

Toahk
02-19-2004, 02:47 AM
Also your topic is "tired of getting pulled over for no front plates?" Well you still have your front plate with that thing, it just gets pushed down when your doing highway speeds... Normal town driving you will have your plate visible. The main reason I dont have a front plate is because I dont like the look and bulkiness of it.

http://www.eniety.com/pichost/pic/00001.JPG

KA24DESOneThree
02-21-2004, 09:04 PM
I'd just tell them the truth: "Officer, I rolled this car and the plate was bent in half and mangled. The mounting points were also stripped. *Points to stripped mounts* Considering that I'm poor and saving for another car, I can't afford to buy a new bumper with new mounts, or a new license plate. That's why I don't have a front plate."

Soulja
02-22-2004, 09:19 AM
I just went and bought 2 hinges at wal-mart, 2 bolts to bolt the plate to the hinge, and 2 screws for the hinge into the underside of the bumper. My plate pops up at about 15-20mph.

ciGARRETTsRbad4u
02-22-2004, 03:32 PM
i got the ticket while i was parked($75) so i had to get another plate.... by the way how do i mount it on the front of the '89-'90 bumper?