PDA

View Full Version : s13 KA24de Check engine light

violak90
06-14-2012, 09:29 PM
I was given a few codes...EGR - there was clogged ports and a kinked hose; cleaned ports/intake, replaced hose.
MAF- replaced MAF
Knock - damaged wire from harness to sensor - replaced sub harness.
Replaced Cat (was at 36% efficiency)

Engine light only comes on at around 2500 RPM, normally when on freeway, and goes off when i get off freeway...tried to pull code from ECU, can't get one...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

jonny_coupe
06-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Just putting in my input I had the same problem with five code coming up on my ecu replaced all my sensors that needed to be replaced cleared the ecu none of the codes came back but my check engine light was still on so I unplugged my battery n pressed the brake to reset everything let the car sit for awhole day an connected it back up an its gone. hope this helps.

violak90
06-14-2012, 09:38 PM
will give it a try, thanks!!

violak90
06-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Disconnected battery, will give it a day and test!

jonny_coupe
06-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Also you might wanna check all your plugs make sure there on correctly and arent loose cause the vibration of you driving nonstop on the highway maybe the cause of it also amd if its always mostly happens at around 2500rpm check your maf wiring since you said you bought a new one an by the way when you changed your maf and knock sensor harness did you unplug the battery.