PDA

View Full Version : Filling motor mounts

mjjstang
02-15-2004, 02:39 PM
Hey, I wanted to get a set of nismo mounts before I drop the sr in but in trying to get the bolt off of the mount, It stripped and I am not about to get in there with a dremel or hack saw, So Im thinking I will just fill them, Im not a track racer or anytihng so I dont want it too stiff so it will rattle the whole car, but im assuming that to fill the mount is to put the polyurethane inbetween the accordian type fin thingys, can you put too much poly in, and make it too stiff or is there a certain amounto to put in. Also should I use window mold by 3m or just reguler polyurethane, Thanks BTW, searched and couldnt find too much info pertaining to the subject,

rps13_fastback
02-15-2004, 03:54 PM
Hey, I wanted to get a set of nismo mounts before I drop the sr in but in trying to get the bolt off of the mount, It stripped and I am not about to get in there with a dremel or hack saw, So Im thinking I will just fill them, Im not a track racer or anytihng so I dont want it too stiff so it will rattle the whole car, but im assuming that to fill the mount is to put the polyurethane inbetween the accordian type fin thingys, can you put too much poly in, and make it too stiff or is there a certain amounto to put in. Also should I use window mold by 3m or just reguler polyurethane, Thanks BTW, searched and couldnt find too much info pertaining to the subject,

my friend did it on his motor/tranny mounts. AIM him: lowrestling2k1

KiDyNomiTe
02-16-2004, 12:00 AM
use 3m window weld, my friend did it on his motor mounts and tranny mounts and loves it. I doubt there is too much to put in, you'll probably know when to stop.

Just make sure you don't get it on yourself.