PDA

View Full Version : S13 sr20det in s14 help!! Plz!

ef7crxsi
06-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Okay guys i bought a s13 sr20det, it came with a s14 ecu and engine loom(zenki). I own a s14, i put the engine in, we plugged it in, and now the following situation has happened.

Runs, blows a lot of black smoke at idle, and sounds like a rotary. Then you rev it it only goes to like 3k not sure exactly, and then it sounds like it anti laggs.....and it blows a tonne of black smoke out.....a MASSIVE ammount, went through 15l of fuel in 30-40 in of idling it and slowly revving it. Why will the s14 not run the redtop s13 engine? im aware that its not vvt, and some plugs are different, but we can rewire the whole thing if we have to i dont see why i wont work

--things me and my dad have checked:
afm (we tried 4) even a na one will work at idle or at least under no boost, that didnt fix it
--bought a crank angle sensor cause my one was smashed blamed it on that for a while, wasnt that
-- injector impedance and resistor pack is the right one
--coils fire well
-- timing is all good
--checked engine vaccum get 4-7 hglb so thats wrong, but like i said timing isnt wrong no leaks we blame that on the fact its running shit
-- heaps of other shit cant remember all

oh yup and we got that ecu talk thing. or something similar.....got a code for cas and something else i cant remember now.

Yup so i dont get wwhy it runs that bad at all.....should run even if vvt is unplugged I know it should...its gotta!! lol please help guys, I have also tried a different ecu same thing but if u rekon there was a problem then and now the ecu remembered it and u rekon its worth trying another ecu i will. but yeah ask more info if you want me and my dad know cars quite well never have ever come over something like this. THANKS!!

snafupossum
06-11-2012, 01:15 AM
get the right ecu, end of story.

ef7crxsi
06-11-2012, 05:17 AM
i would but cant find any s13 redtop parts ea, not wreckers not trademe(like ebay im from nz) and im sure as hell not fuking getting one from overseas lol cause then i gotta get the right model. I want to know why its not working i can just as easily by a s13 by what your saying lol. I want to know what makes it do that
thnks though i have a ecu btw only one i could find and its tuned for avgas z32 afm and big injectors, would use it but need loom now :(