PDA

View Full Version : Question about dizzy S13

hotlavaflow
06-09-2012, 09:36 PM
S13
I have a hot start issue. Car starts fine cold but will not start once it's at full operating temp. I have to wait for it to cool off before it'll start again. It just cranks no start, strong crank. I've had this issue for a while. Finally got to do some real testing today.

When it's hot and won't start I have...

(1) spark from the ignitor
(2) spark to each cylinder off the dizzy
(3) fuel pump is priming
(4) fuel pressure is good

Now I've heard that the CAS in the distributor signals the ecu when to open the injectors. I'm thinking that the problem is there. My question is if the CAS is bad will the distributor still throw spark? Cause my spark is strong.

Any other things you guys can think of to help me solve this? My car sleeps on the street now so this is really annoying.

***UPDATE***

I also see a post mentioning the O2 sensor failing so when the ecu enters closed loop mode it leans out the A/F too much. But typically that will cause predetonation and the idle goes a little crazy but my idle doesn't do that. It does dip low on fast stops and sometimes cut off though.

hotlavaflow
06-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Nobody can help me with this?

Well I'm going to clean the O2 sensor tomorrow and I'm swapping dizzy's with my cousin because I know his works (it's new still under warranty). If I still have the issue after that I'm lost.

KiLLeR2001
06-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Its the coolant temperature sensor, easiest thing to diagnose.

FlatBlackIan
06-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Its the coolant temperature sensor, easiest thing to diagnose.

For serious.

No. 1 cause of no start when hot.

hotlavaflow
06-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Wow I was messing with the wiring over there because my water temp gauge wasn't working. Now gauge is working and car is starting hot. Guess you guys were right. Thanks for that.

Now onto my alternator issue.