PDA

View Full Version : Road Atlanta Drift *vids*

is300drifter
02-14-2004, 10:25 AM
About a month ago a few of us went to Road Atlanta for a drift exhibition to show the track owners/operators what "drifting" was since they had never been exposed to this type of driving on their track. Formula D has an event there in April. Anyways...here are some clips of the day.

Right click save as.....

http://www.lookoutdrift.com/html/videos/jerry_roadatlanta_011304.avi

http://www.lookoutdrift.com/html/videos/tony_roadatlanta_011304.avi

http://www.lookoutdrift.com/html/videos/ben_roadatlanta_011304.avi

oh, i'm the black s13 :coold:

mike13
02-14-2004, 11:15 AM
good to see some people drifting on a track and not a huge empty parking lot. awesome!

Brian
02-14-2004, 11:32 AM
wow!! what entry speeds were you guys coming in at?
that was some great footage. :rawk: :rawk:

crioten
02-14-2004, 11:50 AM
you guys make it look ez, good job guys....

how long have you been doing this?

-glen

KiDyNomiTe
02-14-2004, 12:01 PM
Props to whoever drives the S14. And ya tracks seem like much more fun than cones.

memphiss13
02-14-2004, 04:49 PM
nice vids, looks like you guys were going pretty fast.

element240
02-14-2004, 05:47 PM
that was really cool..... was the s14 turbo'd? i didn't hear a bov but it coulda been recirculated ?

very good driving skills :bowdown:

Steeles
02-14-2004, 05:51 PM
hahah you west coast guys watch out for Tony (black S14 2nd vid) Hes headed out there for some of the D1 events in something truly nasty :)

Element - yes Tony's car is KAT stealth setup the IC is a saab unit and tucked near the radiator. you can see it in the owners gallery S14 section at www.240sx.org/atlanta/index.htm

look for the name tony.. its one of the sideways black S14s on the site.

nightwalker
02-14-2004, 05:51 PM
nice to see competent drifters from around the US. Very cool.

No Motiv
02-14-2004, 10:42 PM
that was hot

Zemus
02-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Black s14= AMAZING SKILL, get this guy a sponser :-D

Muzzy
02-14-2004, 11:40 PM
damn.....that KA+T sounds mean!!
and..is it jus more or does not look like the dude in the S14 front wheels arent touching the ground when goin around the corners or what???

s14falcon
02-14-2004, 11:43 PM
Nice those are some good vids. You guys are really fast and smooth with that, how long have you all been drifting if you dont mind me asking?

is300drifter
02-15-2004, 05:44 AM
Thanx for the props guys!!

As for sponsorship Tony (s14) and Ben (white s13 coupe) have been picked up by Noble Drift out of FL.

Tony's car is a turbo KA-t, (thnx Steeles) and sounds like a fricken BUS! you can hear it spooling through the ehaust!

I was entering the turn with the long entrance at 65-75 mph and Tony was higher than that. :tweak: 3rd drifts are the chit!!!!!!!! :hsdance:

I have been sliding since 2000 at mostly auto-x stuff until '02 when more competitions started, and i am not sure how long the other guys have been at it. I do know that Tony was at the first US Drift contest in '02, but i am sure he's been sliding longer than that.

We were out there all say and have TONS of footage from 3 different camaras...so sorting through all that tends to be a pain. Enjoy! :coold:

Zemus
02-15-2004, 08:08 AM
I looked at his setup, wow I really like the Turbo set up, and I looked at the suspention set up and wow, he is really using everything he has to its full potential he is rocking GR2 struts! odd it looked so stiff, well i guess thats the sway bars

Steeles
02-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Thanx for the props guys!!

As for sponsorship Tony (s14) and Ben (white s13 coupe) have been picked up by Noble Drift out of FL.

Tony's car is a turbo KA-t, (thnx Steeles) and sounds like a fricken BUS! you can hear it spooling through the ehaust!

I was entering the turn with the long entrance at 65-75 mph and Tony was higher than that. :tweak: 3rd drifts are the chit!!!!!!!! :hsdance:

I have been sliding since 2000 at mostly auto-x stuff until '02 when more competitions started, and i am not sure how long the other guys have been at it. I do know that Tony was at the first US Drift contest in '02, but i am sure he's been sliding longer than that.

We were out there all say and have TONS of footage from 3 different camaras...so sorting through all that tends to be a pain. Enjoy! :coold:

No prob mang so Ben is the other Noble drift driver awsome! Tony said there was one but didnt say who. hahaha and people wondered why I let Tony drift my car at hyperfest lol :) I JUST found my tape with the stuff from Hyperfest in Charlotte the other day I need to get some encoding software and upload it. I think I got footage of everydody lol

Replicant_S14
02-15-2004, 10:47 AM
I looked at his setup, wow I really like the Turbo set up, and I looked at the suspention set up and wow, he is really using everything he has to its full potential he is rocking GR2 struts! odd it looked so stiff, well i guess thats the sway bars

Tony is an exceptional driver. Drift, grip or whatever. It's actually kinda sickening.

Zemus
02-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Tony is an exceptional driver. Drift, grip or whatever. It's actually kinda sickening.

Yea he must be, he knows his stuff, Ive yet to see a video on a course such as that in the US where a US driver does that, major props. He is in TOTAL controll, its amazing

Rusker
02-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Nice videos!

s14unimog
02-15-2004, 08:39 PM
See what the hell I live like 2 miles from Road Atlanta and I never here about these drift competitions until they are over :bash: . I have an S14 and I love to drift even though I have no turbo. If any one off you guys know about this stuff coming up I would love to go and drift with ya'll. I know that whole track from when it was an infield motorcross track to now so I would love to be there drifting. If anybody knows anything like dates, entry fees, etc... PLEASE TELL ME :sadwavey:

Steeles
02-16-2004, 06:48 AM
www.atlantadrift.com coming soon.

If I remember correctly this event was by invite only. Tony invited the local 240s over atlanta list out to watch but it was on like a Tuesday morning or something obscure.

Baka Sama
02-16-2004, 08:33 AM
Nice vid.. Invite only huh..
Maybe I should have joined 240s over atlanta after all (then again maybe i should buy a 240) :hsdance:
I was just at road atlanta a lil while ago and never heard anything about it...

HiPSI
02-16-2004, 08:56 AM
See what the hell I live like 2 miles from Road Atlanta and I never here about these drift competitions until they are over :bash: . I have an S14 and I love to drift even though I have no turbo. If any one off you guys know about this stuff coming up I would love to go and drift with ya'll. I know that whole track from when it was an infield motorcross track to now so I would love to be there drifting. If anybody knows anything like dates, entry fees, etc... PLEASE TELL ME :sadwavey:

this was only a practice session to decide the track layout and put down some driving notes for the driftatlanta deal in april. i found out about it when my buddy pablo called me up from the track with a giddy little girl sound to him and heard the squealing tires in the background :cry:

oh well, i'll be at the actual event in april.

Baka Sama
02-16-2004, 09:00 AM
oh well, i'll be at the actual event in april.

ditto......

Steeles
02-16-2004, 10:34 AM
yeah practice session for course stuff. and for promotional stuff. it was an open call for show cars for site pics but the drifting was invite. if it hadnt been on a frigging weekday I would have come down. ahh well I'll be there in April as well :)

Baka Sama
02-16-2004, 11:14 AM
Will drifting take place sunday/saturday or both at drift atlanta? Who all from zilvia will be showing up? :coold:

is300drifter
02-16-2004, 12:17 PM
yeah, it was an invite thing...i drove from raleigh. Ben drove from FL. and mike with the ae86 (forgot that clip) was from Richmond, va. Tony..of course Hotlanta.

We were talking to the guy that is basically the head of the track and he stated that for the event in April, they are paving a section of the grass near the bridge set-up so the "drift course" would be non-stop.

Oh yeah, it was on a Tuesday. It'll be a nice fast line for the Formula Drift event....too bad i wont be able to compete since i lack a cage. :bash:

Steeles
02-16-2004, 01:25 PM
aww dude that sucks J. we definatly need more events. I still need the practice. :) we gotta do something in Raliegh again soon too

S14DriftR
02-16-2004, 03:38 PM
I have a few vids I can e-mail people if they wan to see and give some feedback.

HiPSI
02-16-2004, 05:03 PM
yeah, it was an invite thing...i drove from raleigh. Ben drove from FL. and mike with the ae86 (forgot that clip) was from Richmond, va. Tony..of course Hotlanta.

We were talking to the guy that is basically the head of the track and he stated that for the event in April, they are paving a section of the grass near the bridge set-up so the "drift course" would be non-stop.

Oh yeah, it was on a Tuesday. It'll be a nice fast line for the Formula Drift event....too bad i wont be able to compete since i lack a cage. :bash:

so a cage is required for formula D? i knew something would make the event a pain in the ass to get into :rl:

dvdevo
02-16-2004, 07:53 PM
yep, cool video!!

SiNFuL
02-16-2004, 11:03 PM
yep, cool video!!

Sweet vids...any ideas why I can watch this vid on my XP comp but I can only hear it on my Win2003 Server laptop?
-Galen