PDA

View Full Version : knock subharness, rough start rb25

hungryjoseph
06-07-2012, 07:33 PM
On the series 1 rb25, I've figured out 2 of the wires on the knock sensor sub harness go to the knock sensors, the other 2 go to the air regulator.

what do the last 2 wires go to?

I've been having issues with long starts, the motor takes forever to turn on. I have to blip the throttle and crank it over 3 or 4 times. It does it both cold and hot. Also breaks up at higher psi (12 psi) and rpms. I have stock turbo, greddy style plenum. Once it's on it idles and rev's fine. Doesn't misfiire during idle or revving or regular driving.

I don't have the knock sensor harness plugged in, only the knock sensors are wired directly to that plug. I don't have the subharness. Could it cause this problem depending on what those 2 other wires go to?

Sileighty_85
06-07-2012, 08:24 PM
The knock Sensor harness should sperate into its own harness from the Alt harness and look like this

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/Neil_85/Miyukis%20Silvia/RB25Harness.jpg

But yeah i could see not having the AIACV giving some issues with starting

hungryjoseph
06-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Haha I actually found that picture from your build thread which is awsome by the way. So I see three plugs (not including the grey one that connects to the main harness", two being the knock sensors and the third one being the air regulator. On the main harness there are SIX wires for that grey plug. Where do the other 2 come from ?

Sileighty_85
06-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Might be a loop? I dont really remember its been a while sinceI did that harness

fliprayzin240sx
06-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Are there 2 or 3 knock sensors? I'm looking at the block and it looks like I got 3 spots where the knock sensors could be threaded into and they're between 2 cylinders.

hungryjoseph
06-08-2012, 07:07 PM
there's 2 knock sensors