PDA

View Full Version : high idle

ncspotlight
06-04-2012, 09:04 PM
so i have a s13 sr20 in my 93 coupe.. been running great for ABOUT A YEAR. The other day i got on it coing down my street hit about 85 or 90mph i let off the gas slow for some reason lol and when i did the bov made a high pitch odd noise. not even 10 sec later i pulled in my drive way and came to a stop to realize i have a high idle around 1500.. got back in it next day and started right up and idle fine untill i tuched the gas which sent it right back up to 1500-1700 rpms...

cant sant the idle that high so i been doing some troble shooting and cant figure it out.. did a boost leAK TEST had too leaks fixed them! still idle hight:( tuched the wires in frint of the head and car started idleing between 900-1500 so i got to thinking maybe its the MAF.. so bought a new MAF and still didnt fix it 100% not it will idle at 800 sound like its caming and then go back up to 1500rpms... im running out of options and want it fixed help!

my iacv is blocked off and was blocked off while the car was running perfect..

green_pea
06-04-2012, 10:29 PM
if you still wiggle all the wires, does the motor still intermittantly idle correctly? or did you fix the MAF issue

ncspotlight
06-05-2012, 01:16 PM
if you still wiggle all the wires, does the motor still intermittantly idle correctly? or did you fix the MAF issue

no it didnt intermittantly fix it... i even got a new sr maf and now car idles at 800 and shounds like it has cams and then somethings goes back up to 1500rmps