PDA

View Full Version : Good or Bad idea?

Crab Walker
02-12-2004, 09:42 PM
Alright, at the moment, I have a stock ka in my 240. Im planing to do a ca18 swap, but i have no idea when. So in the mean time, i thought about getting an exhaust. I was planning on a 3", that way when I get my ca in there, I wont need to upgrade my exhaust again.

I know that 3" on a N/A motor kills your backpressure, but increases high end power.

Should I put the 3" on? or should I just get a 2.5" and switch to a 3" later after i get my CA.

I could buy the CA now if i wanted to, The problem is, Its cold as hell outside rightnow, and I dont have the space, tools to work on it. So i was thinking about getting the exhaust for it now. Should I get the 3"? Yay or Nay? :confused:

FastBack 240
02-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Crab I would say go for it if your not looking for a race with the KA cause if power loss on a daily driver is no big deal then why not. I hear ya man its hella cold here in MI. Where abouts do you live?

rancid240
02-12-2004, 09:47 PM
I'd just put on the 3" for the mean time, unless you werent planning on putting the ca18 in for months. If your going to delay the ca for a considerable amount of time, dont bother changing exhaust just yet. But if it will be soon, switch over. Just saves money in the long run, versus buying a 2.5" exhaust and selling it.

Bryants95240sx
02-12-2004, 09:48 PM
Well if your going to go CA i would just go ahead and go for it, one less thing you gotta do down the road..Going 2.25 now and then going 3" later is just a waste of money IMO. Also 3" on a NA car is gonna be loud but ,thats what we got silencers for now isnt it?

Crab Walker
02-12-2004, 09:54 PM
I hear ya man its hella cold here in MI. Where abouts do you live?

yeah man, I stay in southfield. And you?

Rennen
02-12-2004, 10:10 PM
I know that 3" on a N/A motor kills your backpressure, but increases high end power.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB9&Number=67651483&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

http://www.worldwidechang.com/Pics/Cars/MyCar/Dyno/NewDyno/IntakeExhaust1.jpg

gains all the way across the graph, read the post. Only drawback is that you have a louder exhaust. Don't perpetuate the backpressure myth.

-Matt

ISTOTOSAO
02-13-2004, 11:16 AM
I love you rennen!!! My friend and I have been saying this for a long time now and no one listens. Thanks.

FastBack 240
02-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Troy, MI is where i mostly stay from time to time.