PDA

View Full Version : check engine light wont go away

SmoothBootyG
06-03-2012, 06:46 PM
i was looking for some advice for getting rid of my check engine light on my 95 s14 so i can smog my car, i needed a new crankshaft position sensor, i was told it was in the distrubitor so i got a new one, i reset the code and drove it for about 20miles and the light remained off, the i turned the car off and turned it on and the light reappeared, any suggestions as how i can get rid of the light? thanks

fliprayzin240sx
06-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Umm...did Crank position sensor is on top of your transmission bell housing. Did you pull the code and see what the hell it is to begin with?

SmoothBootyG
06-04-2012, 09:38 AM
i did all that it said i needed a crankshaft position sensor, i looked on the bell housing and there wasn't one, so i did research and had two mechanics tell me it was located in the distributor. last night i got the check engine light to leave but then i went about maybe 5 miles and it turned back on.

510n
06-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Was your S14 an Automatic before or has the transmission been replaced? All S14's have the Crank Position sensor on the bell housing. The only way that your S14 would not have the sensor there is that someone swapped in a S13 transmission either in an Auto to Manual swap or replacing a bad transmission.

fliprayzin240sx
06-04-2012, 10:54 AM
If you look between the firewall and the engine, on top of the transmission bellhousing, you should be able to see the sensor. I should have a metal plate on top of it to protect it. Most of the time, when the transmission is dropped, that sensor gets crushed since its a fucking pain in the ass to get to.

Datachilds14
07-05-2012, 05:18 PM
The mechanics told you about the Crank Angle Sensor which is in your distributor, but the one you need is actually on top of the bellhousing on your car. I'm in the same boat as well but I actually need to wire my CPS to my lower harness. Anyone know a site where I can get a diagram to wire it up? I've been looking everywhere.

Oh and best of luck getting rid of your Check engine light SmoothBootyG! :^)

ka4life87
07-05-2012, 06:28 PM
S14 ECU Pinouts (http://www.200sx.org/s14-ecu.html)

S14 pinout, took 5 sec on yahoo :picardfp:

zerodameaon
07-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Scroll down to the pictures. If its not in that spot well you have two options, drill a hole for the CPS or get a S14 bellhousing/trans.
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/138469-s13-ka-into-s14.html