PDA

View Full Version : s14 gas gauge X working

Zenki_driver
05-25-2012, 10:24 PM
I need help with my s14, fuel gas gauge no longer works, and it's hard to tell how much gas do i have, could it be the float? fuse is okay :sadwavey:

PureRush
05-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Do you have a digital multimeter?

R33E8
05-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Yeah, check the sender in the fuel tank.. Mine once dismounted itself and showed me at 3/4 until I ran out of gas.. Mine was a long yellow plastic thing that kinda slide into mounts in the fuel tank..

Zenki_driver
05-25-2012, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=PureRush;4712569]Do you have a digital multimeter?[/QUOTE

Not sure what that thing looks like :-/

Zenki_driver
05-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Yeah, check the sender in the fuel tank.. Mine once dismounted itself and showed me at 3/4 until I ran out of gas.. Mine was a long yellow plastic thing that kinda slide into mounts in the fuel tank..

Hey, man could you please post me picture to it... please... really need help:angel:

R33E8
05-26-2012, 07:48 AM
I can't find a picture of it, just open up your fuel tank and it will probably be floating around...

Mysterious Driver
05-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Here go in this thread and theres a few pics of what your looking for. Just put out your fuel pump and make sure the floater is still intact.

Gas tank floater/Bull shit (http://chicagoarea240sx.editboard.com/t5851-gas-tank-floater-bull-shit)

check this link too.

Car Parts – Fuel Pumps and Fuel Sending Units (http://www.myhonestmechanic.com/articles/fuel_sending_unit.shtml)

Zenki_driver
07-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Ok, so can anyone show me a picture or guide me on how to remove my fuel sending unit from where its mounted at :ugh:

fliprayzin240sx
07-30-2012, 11:06 PM
Disconnect the battery, pop the gas cap, pop the fuel pump cover off, unplug the wires and fuel lines, twist off the locking cap, pop off the cover, disconnect the plugs inside the pump. The sending unit is the one furthest inside towards the passenger side, pull it towards the middle of the car and it should pop off the retainer. Nothing else is holding it in place.

Just be wary, once you get it off, the retainer wont hold it in place. Mine started falling off after i go drifting. I'd have to go in there after drift events, and pop it back in place. I ended up trying to ziptie it back into the retaining clip the last time but I doubt itll fix the problem.

Zenki_driver
08-15-2012, 03:50 AM
Okay so, I still couldn't fix the problem Fuel sending unit could be bad. It wasn't floating around and still mounted on its bracket when i opened up my gas tank.
If anyone has a working 95 or 96 s14 fuel sending unit just let me know. :sadwavey: