PDA

View Full Version : Brake Lights Stay On.. Need help

tootall4la
05-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Walked to my car right now.. and I see my car has the brake lights on..at first I think someone is in my car.. but as I approach my car there is no one in it.. I get in the car step on the brake a few times and it does not disengage the brakes.. they stay on as if I'm pressing on the brake.. my question what can be the problem?? Stuck switch?? A electrical short somewhere?? Need dome pointers on where to start. I unplugged my battery so it would not drain.

Appreciate it if someone can help me

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

s13drob
05-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Yea odds are its your brake pedal switch. It may not be the switch itself but the rubber stopper that depresses the switch on the brake pedal bracket. Start there.

WERDdabuilder
05-25-2012, 09:37 PM
^^this. look on the floor im sure there are broken plastic pieces. penny + super glue and done.

tootall4la
05-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Its pretty dark outside I don't think I can get anything done or see shit lol.. I think I threw lil pieces of something out

silviaNC
05-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Yea odds are its your brake pedal switch. It may not be the switch itself but the rubber stopper that depresses the switch on the brake pedal bracket. Start there.

Sounds like this is the correct one. happened to me last week. this are Old Cars and they seemed to think that plastic screws and tabs were going to last forever.I had to put a hard plastic piece were the rubber stopper broke.

Juantwo3
05-25-2012, 11:25 PM
i got the same issue but when i turn the wheel quick to the left it turns off hahaha

tootall4la
05-26-2012, 12:47 PM
So what do I do to fix it???.. lol
Insight please

westly7
05-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Get beer cap and 3m double sided tape.grap your brake pedal and follow it to the top until u cant see your hand,u will feel like a hole and cover that hole with 3m tape and penny or beer bottle.done.becareful last time i did this i hurt my back lol

tootall4la
05-29-2012, 03:36 AM
Thanks everybody for the replies. I got the SOB fixed.. Really appreciate it. Penny+Tape got the job done

Reexx13
07-24-2012, 02:00 PM
i actually have the same problem..i noticed it, but i actually went to nissan and bought a new rubber piece, it was like $6, i know expensive for that lil rubber p.o.s. thing is that i installed it and the brake lights still stay on? where would i go from here? let me know asap because i have been just disconnecting the tail lights whenever im parked or at home

cotbu
07-24-2012, 02:25 PM
Next would be the switch, then the switches plug, then the wiring. You should also have an understanding of how that switch works, maybe it needs to be threaded in some more maybe your pedal needs to be adjusted, maybe the wires are shorting. Take a real good look.

This should be an easy fix?! NO?

Reexx13
07-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Next would be the switch, then the switches plug, then the wiring. You should also have an understanding of how that switch works, maybe it needs to be threaded in some more maybe your pedal needs to be adjusted, maybe the wires are shorting. Take a real good look.

This should be an easy fix?! NO?

i checked the plugs, most wires connecting around the break area, i also checked my wire harness running from the engine bay to the firewall...i noticed now that my drivers side break light is off while my passengers break light and the 3rd brake light stay on, do you have any diagrams that may further assist me?