PDA

View Full Version : having prob with the clutch, need help

mutkung
02-10-2004, 01:37 AM
what's up every one???
i just finish swapping the new 96 KA in today i crank fine, but when we were trying to put the car in gear i barely got any presssure on the clutch pedal. atleast not enough to put the car in gear when the motor it's on anyway.
But, when we shut turn the motor off it will get in gear. I tried to put in 1st grear and start the motor the car will run but can't shift to neutral or reverse. Shut the motor put in reverse it will back up the car, but, can't shift. I dunno what seems to be the problem. Also, I just install an aluminum flywheel and ctf II clutch so it has a new pressure plate. Do any body think it's the clutch cylinder broke or maybe any think other than that???? :wiggle: :wiggle: really need help. Any advice will be really really helpful.
TIA

mutkung
02-10-2004, 11:13 AM
any help???? please

Flybert
02-10-2004, 01:51 PM
Did you bleed the clutch fluid? Maybe you have some air up in there. You are probably going to have to adjust the clutch pedal as well. 12mm wrench will be your best friend.

96twofourty
02-10-2004, 03:53 PM
you need to get under the car and have someone press the clutch pedal down. see if its activating the slave cylinder. if it is then your fork or carrier could be installed wrong :dunno:

thx247
02-10-2004, 05:41 PM
Im going to guess that its just a line problem. It shifts when the car is off because the layshaft isn't spinning. But when you turn the car on, your clutch isn't disengaging fully and you can't get it into gear properly because of that.

You can check the slave cylinder to see if its moving at all when you shift. If it is not, try rebleeding the clutch.

mutkung
02-11-2004, 03:49 PM
I've tried to bleed the clutch, but still was not working right.
yesterday i went to order a new clutch master cylinder an a new line. I hope this will solve my problem.
thanks for all the advice, I'll post the result probably tonight or tomorrow morning.
thanks again

thx247
02-11-2004, 04:33 PM
Woah thats sorta premature maybe. Did you try operating the clutch manually even? If you can pump the clutch master and fluid comes out the master is probably working ok. Does the slave cylinder move when you pump the master?

You can try moving the clutch manually, you should feel alot of pressure on the clutch fork when doing this. I cannot move mine with just myself pressing. Foot or arms...

If your slave and master are working then its probalby your clutch fork thats not working right.

mutkung
02-11-2004, 10:53 PM
change the master cylinder today got more pressure on it, but still not enough.
tried to pump the master fluid come out but it was like I'm peeing don't see much pressure at all. so I'm guessing that it's the slave cylinder right now.
any way the master cylinder was pretty nasty when we took it out, got a lot more pressure with the new one though.

thx247, one more question though. If the slave cylinder it's working properly should it shoot out the fluid with more pressure than just dripping???
I'm pretty much a rookie at this moment....just trying everything
thanks though

mutkung
02-15-2004, 03:01 PM
problem solved last week. I guess that it was the slave cylinder because I bought the kit to rebuilt it and it work.
thanks for all the advice