PDA

View Full Version : N/A Mod Additions

aolisgay_22
02-09-2004, 10:38 PM
Since this is my second post i'll get flamed and "use the search button" but i'll try anyways. I have a 92 hatch with I/H/E VLSD, and ud pulley. I have another ka in my garage and i have jwt cams, fizanza flywheel, sohc pistons, completely rebuilt, port and polished head, port matched intake, and a centerforce stage 1 or 2 clutch soon. I'm a poor high school kid and I want to know if there is anything else, within my budget, that i can do. Machine work is rather cheap around here so would a bigger TB be worth it. I don't want bigger injectors, ignition crap, and so forth. I'm planning on a JWT ecu upgrade also.

I also have another Q about the JWT upgrade. I heard it costs 100 to reprogram it after the first. If this is true if I go turbo in the future will they do it for 100 still?

THX

hurleyboi514
02-09-2004, 11:10 PM
sounds like a nice set up, who did your work? id get an SAFC II and maybe something to tinker with the ignition settings and get it tuned. then come back with a dyno chart! :)

nightwalker
02-09-2004, 11:13 PM
extrude hone the intake mani, and have the throttle body ported to match. MSD would be a nice addition. or go the ultimate NA setup, ITBs!!!

aolisgay_22
02-10-2004, 08:02 AM
sounds like a nice set up, who did your work? id get an SAFC II and maybe something to tinker with the ignition settings and get it tuned. then come back with a dyno chart! :)

Thanks. Pat Tucker at Independence Auto bored, p&p, and rebuilt my head. Thanks for the suggestions. Like you said maybe jwt cam gears might help. Most likely I won't be able to dyno for a while but I'll have some times from Mokan for ya.

hurleyboi514
02-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Thanks. Pat Tucker at Independence Auto bored, p&p, and rebuilt my head. Thanks for the suggestions. Like you said maybe jwt cam gears might help. Most likely I won't be able to dyno for a while but I'll have some times from Mokan for ya.

how much did they charge for the headwork? i need to rebuild and p&p mine actually, but i havent started looking at places quite yet. did they do a pretty good job on the port and polish?

niss
02-10-2004, 08:55 AM
the wolf ecu would be great since you have the wolf cams. as for the retune for $100 a pop, yes i believe that is true. however, since youre not in socal, it would take a considerable amount of time for you to get it back after each retune. jwt has had some issues with time management for those not in his area.

aolisgay_22
02-10-2004, 09:35 AM
The guy is really easy to work with however I haven't got the head back yet. He's done porting it but i'm going down there sometime this week to help him put it together. I don't know what he's charging yet the bottom end work was only 75. I told him I wanted to rebuild my engine so I would know my car better and he suggested me helping him rebuild it.

As for the jwt ecu. I'll prolly buy another spare. Will they retune to turbo for 100 bucks?

madwilly240
02-10-2004, 11:59 AM
port and polish isnt too neccessary on all motor, carbon sticks to polished surfaces easier. you dont want bigger throttle body. if your not doing turbo, the bigger your intake is, the more velocity you will lose. you want your air to get in fast.