PDA

View Full Version : car bogs for a sec when i touch the gas

Emperiorjack
02-08-2004, 05:21 PM
I have a 1993 240sx and when i put it park and i barely touch my gas pedal it bogs down from 700 rpms to 500 rpms then it the computer catches it bogging and the rpms shoot up too 900 then will slowing go back down to 700 rpms. Whats causing this problem? Plus when i put my key in the on position my fuel pump will kick on for 15 seconds before it shuts off and when i turn my engine off the fuel pump will stay on for 15 seconds and then finally shut off Is that normal?

nacstate
02-08-2004, 08:45 PM
when the key is in the on position the pump should only operate for 5 seconds, and for only 1 second after the car is turned off.

Emperiorjack
02-08-2004, 10:12 PM
What could it be then? Fuel Pump relay Sticking? wheres the fuel pump relay located cause i was looking for it earlier and i couldn't find it. The only pump i could find was the egi pump

crazyikimasho
02-09-2004, 12:07 AM
What could it be then? Fuel Pump relay Sticking? wheres the fuel pump relay located cause i was looking for it earlier and i couldn't find it. The only pump i could find was the egi pump

If I had to guess, I would say TPS sensor, test your TPS and make sure its calibrated correctly and/or if it has gone bad.

Ghettokracker71
02-09-2004, 09:53 AM
does it do it when your stoppped and still in drive? If so...sounds just like what I've been dealing with

Emperiorjack
02-09-2004, 05:16 PM
does it do it when your stoppped and still in drive? If so...sounds just like what I've been dealing with

yes it does what was the porblem with yours

Ghettokracker71
02-09-2004, 07:48 PM
yes it does what was the porblem with yours
Haven't fixed it 100% YET....I've gotten ridden of most of it...I put on a MAF and air filter and thats when it started BTW....I reset the ECU,and stopped turning on my damn stereo(860watts baby:D:D!!!!!!!!!!!!)and haven't touched the HVAC either,and thats been helping...I just bought a fuel filter(1991 300zx) and some seafoam to try to fix the rest of it

EDIT:I'll let you know...have you checked your TPS settings? Or tried cleaning your injectors/fuel system...?If you haven't done it....it could at least make your car run better if not fix it....I know that my fuel filter is bone stock with 107k on it,so I know that'll help it run better....and its not alot of $ either

Emperiorjack
02-09-2004, 09:19 PM
okay just got done putting in the new tps sensor and it fixed it from bogging when i touch the gas, but it still bogs when im parked. It'll go from 1000 rpms to 500-600 rpms then works it way back up to 1000 rpms any suggestions on what could be the problem.

Ghettokracker71
02-09-2004, 09:38 PM
okay just got done putting in the new tps sensor and it fixed it from bogging when i touch the gas, but it still bogs when im parked. It'll go from 1000 rpms to 500-600 rpms then works it way back up to 1000 rpms any suggestions on what could be the problem.
hey thats a good start...fuel pump? filter? injectors? just some ideas of what it sounds like....sounds to me like a fuel prob...well,your on the right track:)...how much does a new TPS sensor cost and is it easy to install? maybe I should do that...

I still say to run some kind of fuel system cleaner...like the local nissan dealership sells this shit called GX35,or SOMETHING LIKE THAT...I can't remeber the name of it...but it comes in an ugly ass can,looks like its from 1975 or some shit...but really really works well.......and fuel filter(if you haven't recently or whatever)

Emperiorjack
02-10-2004, 09:31 PM
hey thats a good start...fuel pump? filter? injectors? just some ideas of what it sounds like....sounds to me like a fuel prob...well,your on the right track:)...how much does a new TPS sensor cost and is it easy to install? maybe I should do that...

I still say to run some kind of fuel system cleaner...like the local nissan dealership sells this shit called GX35,or SOMETHING LIKE THAT...I can't remeber the name of it...but it comes in an ugly ass can,looks like its from 1975 or some shit...but really really works well.......and fuel filter(if you haven't recently or whatever)well i woke up this mourning and decided to go to the gas station across the street to buy some fuel injector cleaner i ended up buying 2 bottles and dumped both in my gas tank and after that she ran perfectly hasn't bogged yet(knock on wood) and yes my fuel filter was changed about 2 weeks ago. My TPS sensor was $39.00 i had to drive to 3 different parts stores before i could one that had it in stock. The job itself wasn't that hard but its a bitch because of the place its located theres a bunch of stuff in the way, but the job itself is pretty simple.

Ghettokracker71
02-11-2004, 06:44 AM
sweet!..I'm going to attempt a fuel filter replacement and run seafoam today(hopefully)...and that SHOULD fix it,otherwise I think I'll just take it to somebody who knows wtf they are doing