PDA

View Full Version : clutch fluid turning black FAST!

AdrenalineS14
05-15-2012, 04:19 PM
So i got a new clutch master cylinder and new slave as well, put in prestone dot 3 and in a few weeks the fluid is turning black cant have that so i bled the system and its turning black again!!! anybody else have this problem, do i just keep bleeding it till it stops doing it, am i using crappy fluid or something, nothing is leaking and the clutch works fine idk why its getting dirty so fast.

fliprayzin240sx
05-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Keep bleeding it till its clear again...might have had crap in the old lines that are coming out now.

Chaluska
05-15-2012, 05:06 PM
+1.. old lines are dirty

run a quart of brake fluid through the system, it will be clear..

SinGarage
05-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Are you just daily driving it or does it include some track time? Sometimes the rubber seal on the piston on the clutch master gets cooked if the fluid used is not the greatest and some track time is involved. Hopefully it's just dirt like everyone is saying.

AdrenalineS14
05-15-2012, 11:05 PM
When it turned black the first time i bled it till it was clear then after a few weeks its turning black again but ill re-bleed the system again to see what happens...

I do hope its the lines that are dirty and all it needs is a few more system bleeds

And its DD for now till i get situated with other maintenance for the car.

... thanks for all your reply's!

Southern Elegance
05-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Could be due to moisture also, check the cap to make sure its sealing properly and have you deleted the dampening system?

AdrenalineS14
05-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Could be due to moisture also, check the cap to make sure its sealing properly and have you deleted the dampening system?

dampening system long gone, cap is good it's a pain to pop off the cap in itself, feels like im gonna tear off the plastic cylinder lol

Southern Elegance
05-17-2012, 12:17 AM
my friend was getting water in where he deleted his dampening system is why i ask.Last thing to replace,mind as well upgrade to a chase bays line those things are awesome

AdrenalineS14
05-17-2012, 12:25 AM
my friend was getting water in where he deleted his dampening system is why i ask.Last thing to replace,mind as well upgrade to a chase bays line those things are awesome

Hmmmm, I may as well do that thanks for your input!