PDA

View Full Version : Sr running hot

boost addict
05-13-2012, 09:36 PM
I have a prosport water temp gauge and the stance water neck adapter. On some long drives the prosport sometimes climbs and climbs in temp but my factory gauge stays(pretty sure it works). I'm wondering if maybe the fact that the cylinder 1 runner is close to the sensor its actually heating up the neck/sensor and giving a hot reading or if it's running hot. Anyone ever had that problem?

cotbu
05-13-2012, 11:08 PM
What's the actual temp reading on the prosport gauge?
Im sure at 220f, you'd see the oem gauge start to move. lol

fliprayzin240sx
05-13-2012, 11:19 PM
I have a prosport water temp gauge and the stance water neck adapter. On some long drives the prosport sometimes climbs and climbs in temp but my factory gauge stays(pretty sure it works). I'm wondering if maybe the fact that the cylinder 1 runner is close to the sensor its actually heating up the neck/sensor and giving a hot reading or if it's running hot. Anyone ever had that problem?

If you have an aftermarket gauge, why the hell do you even pay attention to the shitty stock gauge. When you see the needle on that thing ping, its too fucking late. Its a water temp gauge, it measures the coolant's temperature. It doesnt give a fuck how hot your combustion chamber is. Its not an EGR sensor too.

boost addict
05-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Who said it told me how hot the combustion chamber is or that I said it measured egt's? Nice try at trying to be a dick? I have an aftermarket mani so the number 1 runner is close to the coolant neck where the gauges temp sensor is. I'm thinking maybe the heat from the runner heats up the water neck in turn making the sensor read some wack as temperature. Trying to figure out if anyone's had that happen, my aftermarket gauge has read jut under 220 a few times without any movement from the factory gauge