PDA

View Full Version : Daughterboard?

Prozac
05-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Got a new/used sr20det #62 ecu chipped , seem to run fine , pretty stock fmic and 3' downpipe and exhaust. Anyways I jumped back to cj1 and removed the daughterboard my question is what to do now with the daughterboard any chances I or anyone can figure out what for? And or is it possible to send off and save some money on a tune?
Ever seen this?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/ProZaC333/46854d90.jpg
or this?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/ProZaC333/f1bc0035.jpg

GroundPerformance
05-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Just save it for future use.

Prozac
05-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Just save it for future use.

Thats what I was trying to say , what would be the future use in it , what can be done with it?

Thought your name look familiar , so why did you want to buy it what was your thoughts , if you dont mind just dont want to be sitting on it going stand alone next year , but if its something I can get a little power or money out of , I would enjoy that.

GroundPerformance
05-05-2012, 04:17 PM
When you're ready for an upgrade. After you change your Maf, injectors, turbo and others. You can find rom tuners and do a tune for you. You can then just replace the EEPROM chips currently on the board for the ones with the tune specific to your setup.

Prozac
05-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Sounds good , hey to be honest I was thinking the ecu that got a very little water damage in the connector and wont throw codes might have reset the map , so I was thinking about hooking this daughterboard up in that one and see what it does , the car ran with the ecu just seemed off timed. Nothing visual seems wrong no burnt capacitors or resistors I see. thanks for your knowledge again.

Def
05-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Who knows what the setup is on that daughterboard. The cost of tuning an ECU isn't in the daughterboard, and no one that knows anything will want to mess with something they aren't familiar with. Sell it on the forums for cheap if it got water damage.

Prozac
05-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Who knows what the setup is on that daughterboard. The cost of tuning an ECU isn't in the daughterboard, and no one that knows anything will want to mess with something they aren't familiar with. Sell it on the forums for cheap if it got water damage.

Who knows what the setup is on that daughterboard.
1. Exact reason I posted just to see if anyone has seen the label/stamp before
2. Exact reason I jumped back to cj1
3. I purchased a #62 ecu on zilvia which came chipped , after my ecu got a pressure wash - Rust Hole :[
4. Ill Figure it out