PDA

View Full Version : KA24E Questions

Kleistc
05-05-2012, 09:00 AM
I know many people around my area consider this a junk motor and a waste of money to boost but i would like to try somethign different until i get my Sr swap completly ready. Im looking at building up the stock KA and pushing some boost through it. This however leaves me with a few questions so that i do it properly.
1. Do DOHC internals work in SOHC motors? If they dont i may have to swap in a DOHC which i would rather not do.
2. I have an HX35 with a BEP housing from my old dsm that i would like to use, stupid idea or no ?
3. How much building would i need to do to safely be in the 250hp range(enough to satisfy me til my SR is done)
4. For tuning am i going to have to get a stand alone or is there another option?
Any help would be appreciated as i decide if i want to go through with this or not

NismoS13Kings
05-05-2012, 09:14 PM
i know cx racing has a turbo kit that they dyno'd and got 235whp on 7ibs of boost i believe. i have a single cam too and i would suggest:

stronger head studs (weak point on KA's)
getting your head ported (KA's dont get a whole lot of air here)
nismo r4 cam (heard mixed things like you get more hp but lose torque)
get a NisTune ecu
pulley kit
e fans
aftermarket radiator
mishimoto thermostat
Gato Performance intake manifold
Nismo 550cc injectors
walboro 255 fuel pump

just my opinion on a good turbo setup. dont worry about internals since the KA has forged internals already