PDA

View Full Version : need help with my hid retrofit

strider hiryu
05-04-2012, 03:07 PM
I just finished my retrofit on my s14 kouki. I have done a reto before on the same car with tsx projectors and it looks great. This set up looks like crap though and I don't know why it looks like this. Can anyone tell me whats wrong? My set up is lexus rx-afs projectors with tsx-r lens, morimoto 5five 55w ballasts, and morimoto 55w 5000k bulbs with h1 relay from trs. I don't understand why it looks like this. Somebody help me please. oh and that hot spot beam is from my drivers side projector.... I dont know why its like that either.

Edwin562
05-04-2012, 03:09 PM
looks fine to me. maybe the cut off plate was moved.

upsdude
05-04-2012, 03:23 PM
true the cut off lense could have been removed, or it's because of the glass lense has that "edge" that messes up the cutoff...it's not a completely smooth surface and that line is what's causing it to look that way. i have all the parts to do a proper retrofit on my headlights but heard about this issue too late :P you're better off buying those cheapie vertex/ebay lights and doing a retro on those.

but i've seen an s2k retro and the cutoff is much cleaner...

strider hiryu
05-04-2012, 03:29 PM
What if I changed the glass housing on the headlights with those clear ones from ebay? would it fit? and if I did that would the hi beams blind people because those lines aren't in the glass anymore?

cotbu
05-04-2012, 03:37 PM
I agree, looka like a shit!
My retrofit has a clean cut off, and lays down a clean blanket that will cut you off at your knees at 225ft. I don't get that hot spot and glare even when I'm up against my aiming wall.

ixfxi might be able to help you out!

upsdude
05-04-2012, 03:43 PM
i'm assuming you're familiar with hidplanet.com ? you'll probably get better answers there.

strider hiryu
05-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Yea I have been looking all through hidplanet for answers but can't find any. I posted there too but nobody has responded yet. I know some people on here have done retros too and have helped me years ago when I did my first retro. I never had problems like this though