PDA

View Full Version : 95 240sx weird starting and dies at idle sometimes

89mizle
05-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Oky so i just bought my first s14 and i love it, but does have these problem(or maybe they are all related)

-Some times i turn key and nothing! do it like 3 times more and it starts. More often just turns over and start but it feels weak. i feel like the start should turn over engine faster. It has a new battery too

-Sometimes at idle the car shakes like it has a misfire and has died on me. BUt again most of the time it does nothing and idles smooth as can be.

Im guessing some kind of relay or ground not good. I dont have a timing gun to see how the timing is but maybe it can be an issue or even the distributor. Any info would help thanks!

S14TEENZ
05-03-2012, 06:58 PM
First issues is partially the ignition switch easy fix like 30.00

mantas
05-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Yeah my ignition switch has burned once and i had the same issue. Easy fix, go get one from autozone.

89mizle
05-04-2012, 12:15 AM
thanks you guys!! im going to get one ASAP!! I knew it was going to be a common problem:D

mantas
05-10-2012, 04:44 PM
So was this fixed?

89mizle
05-13-2012, 01:45 AM
So was this fixed?

Actually i didnt buy the switch yet, i was on my way going to anehiem going to autozone there because they are they only one that had it in stock when i exit and car died on me. Check it and the wires going the the (+) of the battery were fried. Good thing i had a 10mm wrench and a needle nose pliers in the car. I stripped the wires and connected em to the positive terminal and that was it! Car started right up, but some times it turns over like 2-3 times before it fires right up. So im still going to buy the switch

And for the random shake that feels likes its about to die happens A LOT less but has happen like 3 times since:werd:
Im thinking maybe a cap and rotor might fix it but either way i have to do it since i havent done nothing to my s14 and she has been sooo good to me in the 2 1/2 weeks ive owned her. Cold ac and takes me anywhere after i fixed those wires.

How to you guys feel/experienced about the cone filters adapted into it the stock system? I owned a crx before this and tryn to get the best mpg i can :D