PDA

View Full Version : s13 sohc to dohc tach not working

CaliforniaKid87
05-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Hi guys, I'm new to the 240sx world and am very excited to learn more about these awesome cars. I really didn't want to ask for any help because I know when you're a noob you always look dumb doing so, but I'm frustrated because I've been trying to trouble shoot my tach for sometime now and searching through forums and google but can't seem to bridge the info to my problem. I hope that you guys can be kind enough as to help me out. :wavey:

Story is I bought a 1990 240sx hatch and it was originally a sohc, but the previous owner had swapped a ka24de into it. I've driven the car and noticed the fuel gauge isn't working nor the temp, or tach gauge, but speedometer works fine. I already figured out my fuel gauge is going to be related to my fuel sending unit, I still need to figure out the temp gauge but right now I'm more concerned about the tach. He originally told me if I find and install a Dohc cluster the tach should work.....well turns out it didn't. I check all of the plugs and everything is intact. I've read about the wiring and how you need to splice some wires from the sohc harness and exchange it with a dohc harness. I have no experience with wiring but I didn't think it would be difficult. I decided to take a look behind the glove box, as well the ecu and I found this?

I'm not sure where these plugs go?? I also found some cut wires near my ecu as if the harness possible already was replaced? Could you guys please help me out or direct me in the right direction? Thanks.

hahasil80
05-02-2012, 06:30 PM
240SX SOHC to DOHC Swap - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDC29E0C97279642E)

Choose one

CaliforniaKid87
05-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Hahasil80 Thank you, I'll make great use of this information.