PDA

View Full Version : Hating my S13!!!!!!(for now)

Bone
02-04-2004, 05:20 PM
As some of you know I put a timing chain in my 90 ka24e had some problems getting the oil pump/distributor drive in right. Now I have it in right and running but I have another freakin problem. After finally getting the rod right and somewhat in time(cant get it deadballs because of the miss but it is real close) it had a horrible miss. I changed the plugs and it helped some I changed the distributor cap and again it helped some. It has a miss similar to a fouled plug. It isn't smoking in anyway or anything else. It just has this slight miss so it idles with a little bump to it. The throttle response has some lag to it which was not there before. I have racked my brain until I am no longer thinking clearly. I know it is near impossible to fix over the net but I need some more ideas........HELP!!!

I have built cars all my life from street rods to off road toys. I have never been so owned by anything before it is become way to envolved for something as simple as a timing chain. I am starting to think it would look better as a torch.....Yet I still love it. :loco:
HELP

F3600
02-04-2004, 08:07 PM
Not to be an ass but maybe one of your spark plug is not torqued enough... my friend Ka24E was having the same problem you explained .. it was the spark plug on the cylinder 4 we just torqued it 1/4 more and it was okay.. strange problem but it was kinda frustrating