PDA

View Full Version : Help 75amp fuse blowing!

Deimos
05-01-2012, 01:05 AM
Hi Everyone,
I've tried everything suggested online and i still cant seem to figure it out. A quick overview.... When alternator is wired up and i connect negative wire to battery the fuse blows. If Alternator is not hooked up all electronics work fine. I have everything hooked up correctly and in the proper place. Im willing to pay $$$ for someone to come out and give me a hand. I live in New Lenox, IL.

*Note* I am not the best with cars but am learning.

KiLLeR2001
05-01-2012, 01:31 AM
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/450811-75a-fuse-blowing.html

JDMRIDDAZ
05-01-2012, 08:43 AM
There's supposed to be a platic washer in between alt housing and 12v postive loop that goes to alt..
If its not there then alt power is grounding out
Wrong section also

Deimos
05-01-2012, 10:06 AM
There's supposed to be a platic washer in between alt housing and 12v postive loop that goes to alt..
If its not there then alt power is grounding out
Wrong section also

Its there. I know this is the Want to buy section. My title is a bit misleading i should of titled it better. But i do want to buy someones help, to come to my house and help fix my problem.

Deimos
05-01-2012, 10:11 AM
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/450811-75a-fuse-blowing.html

Im having the exact same problem. Thanks for the link ill try out what you said.

runthatsht
05-01-2012, 11:12 AM
i had same problem
was the wire to the alt.
pull off and inspect

lilrusty
05-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Make sure you are connecting the ground correctly on the alternator, people think that both small threaded holes are for ground....

MiSuNdErStOoD
05-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Hi Everyone,
I've tried everything suggested online and i still cant seem to figure it out. A quick overview.... When alternator is wired up and i connect negative wire to battery the fuse blows. If Alternator is not hooked up all electronics work fine. I have everything hooked up correctly and in the proper place. Im willing to pay $$$ for someone to come out and give me a hand. I live in New Lenox, IL.

*Note* I am not the best with cars but am learning.

Sounds like a gground shorting out for sure. Take some high quality pictures of that entire area and I can promise one of us here will be able to help you work it out. Is this on a s13 or s14? You can pm me or email. I will talk ya through it.

nissan240
05-02-2012, 03:10 AM
try switching the two wires on the alt. around. that is what usaully happen when you the two wires are switched. one is ground the other is something else

Deimos
05-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Make sure you are connecting the ground correctly on the alternator, people think that both small threaded holes are for ground....

Im using a KA alt, which only has one threaded hole and i had a guy tell me that was the right one cuz i made a post with pictures awhile ago. However when i put my old sr20 alt on there are 3 threaded holes, only one of them is near the others and is an 8mm hole so i am possitive that is the one. my ground wire wouldnt even reach to the others. I am thinking its the possitive wire that connects the the alt has a short, need to investigate.

Deimos
05-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Sounds like a gground shorting out for sure. Take some high quality pictures of that entire area and I can promise one of us here will be able to help you work it out. Is this on a s13 or s14? You can pm me or email. I will talk ya through it.

ok give me a few days im a bit busy to do it now. Ill show pictures of how i have both alternators hooked up.

traxx07
05-02-2012, 12:34 PM
If you have a 75 that you can blow then put it on have someone else put the negative cable on and you watch the alt to see where it is sparking. Mine did that and I found the problem.

JDMRIDDAZ
05-02-2012, 07:12 PM
its hard to mix them up ground is blk wire
and 12v is a wht wire and should have a boot on it

Deimos
05-03-2012, 10:10 AM
its hard to mix them up ground is blk wire
and 12v is a wht wire and should have a boot on it

Exactly, lol