PDA

View Full Version : s13 sr20det Super High Idle! help please

mightymike130
04-30-2012, 08:28 PM
So i just got back from a drive and was driving the car pretty hard testing out my new enthalpy tune. Everything was good for the first 2 days, no issues. I have a modified sr 272cams and t28, 740ccs and bolt ons. Anyways after i drive the car hard i kick it in to neutral and the idle is stuck way up to 4-5k rpm. I have check the throttle cable and linkage, I even popped off the coupler and looked inside the TB and the butterfly was shut completely. I was looking around for a vacuum leak and couldnt find anything. I was thinking it would be a pretty huge vacuum leak for it to be stuck at 4-5k. Also when i revd the car up higher to see if it would unstick the throttle it just made it worse. now after i shut the car off and turn it back on the rpms go straight up to 4k.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

-Thanks

anarchyperf
04-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Could be a problem with your Iacv being stuck or like you said a decent size vacuum leak. Check your gaskets/connections around the intake manifold.

mightymike130
04-30-2012, 08:53 PM
gonna pull the iacv off and clean it see if that does the trick. if not ill be back

ultimateirving
04-30-2012, 09:20 PM
try closing the IACV all the way before u take it off. there is a way to test it if u search google, to let u know if its bad

cotbu
04-30-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm not saying these guys are wrong, but the obvious thing to me would be TPS.
I mean come on guys, even if it's not the TPS, It should be what is checked 1st base on OP description.
My guess is it's slipping, check the voltage, reset it and snug up the screws!

ultimateirving
04-30-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm not saying these guys are wrong, but the obvious thing to me would be TPS.
I mean come on guys, even if it's not the TPS, It should be what is checked 1st base on OP description.
My guess is it's slipping, check the voltage, reset it and snug up the screws!

thats true too, if the TPS is telling ur car its at 50% throttle it will be going crazy!

good idea!

mightymike130
04-30-2012, 11:23 PM
ok so it was something super retarded. I found out it was the adjustment screw onthe throttle body came loose. and adjusted itself alll the way up. reallllly retarded. and it kept adjusting itself more with the vibration of the motor....

wow fml. thanks everyone for the help