PDA

View Full Version : need help asap plz read

booosted_s13
04-29-2012, 11:03 AM
last nite i was driving on the freeway and I got on it and Idk wat happened but it felt like my turbo wasn't working. I would downshift and get on it and nothing would happen. My BOV wasn't working either. So I pulled over and popped my hood and I heard a noise by the turbo. :/
I shut it off and tried to see if there was any lines or anything disconnected but all the lines were connected. I started it back up and the car started smoking a little from my exhaust so I shut it off and got it towed home. Wat do u think happened?

newtonty
05-04-2012, 01:51 AM
check your waste gate actuator, happened to me with my CA, i had a screamer pipe so it was very noticable though.

Kevin920415
05-04-2012, 01:55 AM
blown turbo, seals?

SR20Dave
05-04-2012, 07:45 AM
I agree blown turbo seals. you might have even ceased and blown up the turbo. My first SR swap had a turbo that after a week whined like a power steering pump, and it turned out the bearings were shot along with the seals, and it was leaking oil both in the intake and burning some

newtonty
05-04-2012, 11:28 AM
I don't think the turbo blew up lol, as that makes some noise when it happens. all i know is 3/3 people ive talked to 4 including me say thats exactly what happens when the wastegate actuator falls off ;)

yanay
05-04-2012, 11:36 AM
i had the same problem on my rb25 turbo just quit suddenly no pop or noises and it just siezed the main nut on the chra slipped off and hit the blades which bent the chra all that happened was i lost boost. first thing i would check it pull off your intake and feel the shaft play