PDA

View Full Version : s13/s14 suspension swapping?

aznxplayer
02-03-2004, 06:52 PM
okay i searched the threads and couldnt find anything about this....
i am replacing the parts on my front suspension that got damaged when i understeered and ran into a curb head on....the lower arm (thing that connects to the tension rod) was bent like crazy and the right side tension rodwas cracked and the tension rod bracket was bent....i got some s14 parts from my friend.....and saw that the tension rod was a different size...but the lower arms looked about the same so me and my friend put em on that night....after we dropped teh car back down the camber on both sides was terrible....at least 5 degrees of camber....and the left side was back centered (before both of the wheels were moved backwards about an inch).....and the right side of the front suspension is still moved back a little bit....im guessing i need to replace the tension rod and the bracket to recenter the wheel and is the camber from the s14 parts i put in since the s14 has a wider body than the s13.....well let me know soon cuz im pickin up some lower arms for the s13 today and dont want to waste my money if the s14 and s13 parts are interchangeable because that would mean it is a different problem than the lower arms
any help is appreciated
thanks

aznxplayer
02-03-2004, 11:31 PM
anyone? bump bump ^^

nightwalker
02-04-2004, 12:19 AM
hahaha! why would you want to switch it? you have mad dorifto camber now! I say keep it. If not, now you know what most people know, that S14 arms create mad camber on S13 because they are longer. The wheels being pushed back may be the cause of more bent suspension, larger pieces, or even the frame.

my friend's are opening their new shop and will have their frame rack their in a couple days. Find out if you frame is bent or not, because you might need to see them. (every drifter should know a good body shop with a frame rack :rawk: )

aznxplayer
02-04-2004, 12:33 AM
well i have all the suspension in peices in my garage floor haha so umm...time to rebolt everythin in tommorow when i get the parts......dude the camber is sooooo bad hahaha i cant go over 20mph cuz both wheels are pointing outwards....they start to chirp at about 20ish....it sucks =\ so its outta commision for the next day or two

a bent tension rod bracket will make my wheel push back right?

and wheres ur frnds shop located at so if its still fucked up by when i put the new parts in they can take a look at my frame cuz i suck at body work for now....i must learn that trade

aznxplayer
02-04-2004, 12:35 AM
oh and thanks for the advice.....sorry for being a post whore