PDA

View Full Version : GP Sports Spec D Pro Exhaust Group Buy

MadScientist
02-02-2004, 10:25 AM
Rare Trick’s Exhaust Group Buy is back by popular demand!! :bigok:

Price is Shipped in the US48!!
Minimum of 10 Orders!! (Last Exhaust GB only lasted 2 weeks and sold over 20 exhaust.... get in while you can!)
Group Buy Ends on Feb. 29 (Order will be processed to Japan the following week as Sea Freight, Estimated delivery is End of April!!)

GP Sports Spec D Pro's light weight pipe-in-pipe design eliminates heavy welds. Full SUS (Stainless Steel) Exhaust w/ Special Black Coating on Mid pipes.
Silencer is recomended if you live in Cali., running w/ a KA engine, or if you are unsure of personal noise level!!!

Please Place Orders Here!! (http://www.raretrick.com/index1.asp?cat=1621&Page=1&Display=Yes&Back=Listings&ProductsID=7108)

Multiple Applications so Please Promote! :ughug:

Thank you
Drew

ootranceformeroo
02-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Just a heads up. You forgot the price.

West
02-02-2004, 04:30 PM
Just a heads up. You forgot the price.
Look at the link.

Its $450 with the option of the $55 Silencer.

MadScientist
02-02-2004, 11:55 PM
Mulitple Applications.... but Yes, Price is $450 Shipped (Silvia, Skyline, ect..) with a $55 SUS Silencer Option.

I know I have other rare exhaust listed for less, but the quality, availablity, design, and the fact that its now a rare item in the US... is the reason for this Group Buy! Comparable exhuast would be the RS*R ExMag GTII

I forgot the Pic also...

ootranceformeroo
02-02-2004, 11:59 PM
Look at the link.

Its $450 with the option of the $55 Silencer.

Oops sorry. Didnt think that was the price for the group buy.

Im liking that black piping :squintd:

dankS14
02-03-2004, 12:04 AM
yea, This is an excellent exhaust system! I have had one on my S14 since last summer. Its one of the deepest sounding exhausts I have heard on an SR. Much better then Apexi! Plus it doesn't scrape on my S14(with Cusco coilovers). I would be all over this group buy if I didn't alreay have one. :)
Jon

driftz240sx
02-03-2004, 05:46 AM
Damn. I just bought my apexi like 5 days ago. I've been looking for the GP Sports exhaust for like 2 months.

mwy23
02-03-2004, 09:14 AM
80mm piping = 3.15" piping. so on an NA 240SX, this would not be ideal?

MadScientist
02-03-2004, 09:30 AM
80mm piping = 3.15" piping. so on an NA 240SX, this would not be ideal?

The Spec D Pro NA version is available for the S13 only. Should be the second listing!

mwy23
02-03-2004, 09:37 AM
so for an NA S14, you'd have to go with the 3" piping? do you have any exhaust systems for an NA S14?

s14 RL
02-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Just to clarify, is the whole system fully stainless or just the muffler? I tried to do some research but there isn't much info out there. Based on the GP Sports website, it sounds like the exhaust you're offering is the "semi-stainless" version. However, the website doesn't really clarify what kind of piping material the black coating covers. Exhausts I've seen from HKS, Apex'i, etc that are coated use mild steel for the piping.

From the website:

Semi Stainless: High quality coated cat back exhaust system with stainless muffler and Ti. Tip.

Stainless/Ti Tip: Full stainless cat back exhaust system with Ti tip

Stainless/Carbon: Full Stainless cat back exhaust system with Carbon/Ti muffler.

Stainless/Ti: Full Stainless Cat Back Exhaust Systems with full titanium muffler and tip.

Let me know. Thanks.

MadScientist
02-04-2004, 11:21 AM
OK very very good point and very well researched... but here is where the Race design of the exhaust answers the question.

Pipe-n-Pipe design can only be effective if used on a material that will expand with heat to make a seal.
Mild Steel is heavy and thick so pipe-n-pipe wouldn't work well and would look awfull.
Aluminum is light weight, at most 2-3mm thick, holds paint/anodized finnish very well, and would expand quickly to heat. Also if you look at the picture there is a pipe clamp... This would be extremly hard to make apply any force on the inner pipe if it was mild steel.

Pipe is Aluminum, Canister is Stainless, Tip is Ti

DankS14 has one on his car but doesn't remember the material.... only that its very light weight!

NA S14 ... I would suggest getting the Silencer.

MadScientist
02-12-2004, 12:30 PM
????? Whats up?????

Is everyone waiting on Tax returns before ordering or what??? :zzz:

four
02-13-2004, 10:29 PM
damn, can u extend the GB date to maybe mid march?

phrozen
02-14-2004, 04:21 AM
haha yea alot of peopple are waiting on money to come in and stuff... im am also waiting till the 1st of the month when my tax return comes in. Alot of us here on the forums are broke =D, like the dt-05r gb i cant be apart of either cuz im waiting for my tax return, id like to jump ont his one too but i ahve to wait till after the 1st

phrozen
02-14-2004, 04:22 AM
haah feb is a bad month for me, vday, gf's bday, new tags for my car.. ect

four
02-14-2004, 08:57 AM
yep, im waiting for my tax return....its suppose to come in mid march

-=S14=-
02-16-2004, 05:17 PM
I am going to be in on the buy, I will pay before the end of the week. Just wondering but how many orders have you already gotten? O and I probably have a friend that will be in as well.

Ryan

four
02-16-2004, 07:04 PM
hey madscientist,,,can you work your science and make this buy extend to maybe mid march?

-=S14=-
02-16-2004, 07:18 PM
hey madscientist,,,can you work your science and make this buy extend to maybe mid march?
No, I dont want to have to wait because of you guys! I dont even have any exhaust right now LOL my earms bleed when I drive my car!

Ryan

ghostuss
02-16-2004, 11:12 PM
wait so if I buy them right now I will not be getting them until april? And what you guys think about these? Can be used on s14 sr20det? Are these better than the N1? Is this louder or quieter?

four
02-17-2004, 09:21 AM
for the 1 millionth time, you buy an exhaust for the chassis!!! not the ENGINE

jeezus

MadScientist
02-17-2004, 09:54 AM
Well here is the deal right now.... I have NO Orders for this GB.... That is why I was concerned!!

I need at least 10 orders to process as a GB!! If I dont have 10 orders by the end of Feb., I have 2 Options: Cancel the GB, or Delay untill I have 10.

ghostuss -- Read what DankS14 wrote!!

four
02-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Okay, if you extend this till you have 10 people, Im in. I sent my taxes in last week...Should recieve someting early to mid march but I am definatly in if its still available when I get my taxes....

-=S14=-
02-17-2004, 11:19 AM
I will order tonight.

Ryan

-=S14=-
02-23-2004, 07:44 PM
This exahust does connect straight to the midpipe right?

Ryan

four
02-27-2004, 08:52 AM
how many orders are in for this?

where did mad scientist go?>

MadScientist
02-27-2004, 09:33 AM
Sorry, I get tied up and forget to check the post. I am extending the GB through the month of March... hopefully we get more than just 10 orders.

By the way... still no orders!!

Yes, its a Cat Back system.

four
02-27-2004, 09:44 AM
march what? im probably going to have the money next week :)

OldSklS13
02-27-2004, 10:45 AM
I'm really interested and have the money... how many people are in the buy at this point?

four
02-27-2004, 11:29 AM
dude, if you READ what he wrong, he said

Sorry, I get tied up and forget to check the post. I am extending the GB through the month of March... hopefully we get more than just 10 orders.

By the way... still no orders!!

Yes, its a Cat Back system.

OldSklS13
02-27-2004, 12:13 PM
can we start a pre-order list to guage interest?
1. OldSklS13

four
02-27-2004, 12:45 PM
1. OldSklS13
4. four

Matt_240
02-27-2004, 03:43 PM
whats up Drew, how much is shipping to hawaii? id imagine it isn't $450 shipped.. :wtc:

also, the s14 sr20det exhaust shouldl bolt right up even if i havea ka motor right?

Salty_X
02-27-2004, 05:52 PM
IMO, you would have better success if you started the Target exhaust GB back up again.
I know I wanted a Titan-R... :drool:

MadScientist
02-29-2004, 12:02 PM
IMO, you would have better success if you started the Target exhaust GB back up again.
I know I wanted a Titan-R... :drool:

I will open the Target Exhaust GB up sometime later... after the GP Sports GB has arrived. Last chance on the GP Sports Exhaust GB... ENDS MARCH 29th!!

OldSklS13 - I am looking for orders, not BS post about what people want and cant afford... sorry, but after making 2 attemps at a GB that everyone is asking about... but not placing orders for... Gauging Interest is pointless!!

Also If anyone wants to post this GB on other forums like WRX, Lancer, etc... Please do so...

thirteenlashes
03-01-2004, 01:22 PM
Rare Trick’s Exhaust Group Buy is back by popular demand!! :bigok:

Price is Shipped in the US48!!
Minimum of 10 Orders!! (Last Exhaust GB only lasted 2 weeks and sold over 20 exhaust.... get in while you can!)
Group Buy Ends on Feb. 29 (Order will be processed to Japan the following week as Sea Freight, Estimated delivery is End of April!!)

GP Sports Spec D Pro's light weight pipe-in-pipe design eliminates heavy welds. Full SUS (Stainless Steel) Exhaust w/ Special Black Coating on Mid pipes.
Silencer is recomended if you live in Cali., running w/ a KA engine, or if you are unsure of personal noise level!!!

Please Place Orders Here!! (http://www.raretrick.com/index1.asp?cat=1621&Page=1&Display=Yes&Back=Listings&ProductsID=7108)

Multiple Applications so Please Promote! :ughug:

Thank you
Drew

I've had this exhaust for my s13 for a year so I thought I would comment. It is supposed to have a built-in silencer(the pinwheel thing where the muffler meets the piping). It is loud with a ka and doesn't sound that nice, but sounds great with a SR. MadSci, can you post a pic of the $55 silencer, because I have never heard of one available for this exhaust besides the built-in one? Also, the spec D pro that I own is not full stainless. The muffler is, but the piping isn't. I does have a 'special' black coating, though, but that sure didn't prevent it from rusting in spots. But who knows, maybe it is full stainless now.

edit: I thought I'd also mention that I like the exhaust overall :)

Heartwork
03-02-2004, 02:44 AM
even though im not in this Group Buy, id just want to say that i just put on my GP sports Spec D II (stainless steel version) on my S14/stock motor...

build quality is crazy good, welds are awesome!, fits like a glove...
sounds pretty deep, bassy and loud under 3K low revving, but after that its not loud at all, sometimes even quiet....

anyways, MadSci: would u have any Silencers in stock? i want to buy one...or would i have to wait for the GB to go on?

OldSklS13
03-02-2004, 01:55 PM
any pictures of it mounted on an s14? actually any mounted pictures will work.

MadScientist
03-02-2004, 07:22 PM
WOW... good to see more imput from those who own one.... thank you guys!!

I am still not very sure about the Black Pipe Material???
Silencer -- when I sent quote to Japan they listed a silencer... not like they have never sent me the wrong stuff before though... I have 2 - 90mm silencers in-stock but I dunno of an exhaust it will work with other than the URAS N/A. I'll see what I can find out on a Silencer.

Doriftomodachi
03-06-2004, 07:47 AM
even though im not in this Group Buy, id just want to say that i just put on my GP sports Spec D II (stainless steel version) on my S14/stock motor...

build quality is crazy good, welds are awesome!, fits like a glove...
sounds pretty deep, bassy and loud under 3K low revving, but after that its not loud at all, sometimes even quiet....

anyways, MadSci: would u have any Silencers in stock? i want to buy one...or would i have to wait for the GB to go on?

GP Sports exhausts are cheap quality and will crack over time due to the thin wall construction

MadScientist
03-08-2004, 08:28 PM
GP Sports exhausts are cheap quality and will crack over time due to the thin wall construction

Anyone remember the show on MTV called "Buzz Kill"

Yeah... well out of three good post we have one bad... and trust me GP Sports is just as well designed as HKS, Greddy, Apex, etc... and I have seen crap from these companies as well... not everything comes out smelling like roses :fart:

Remember... End of this month and its gone.... I will have to think really hard if I am going to do another or not (smell something burning?)

Heartwork
03-11-2004, 05:20 PM
here's a Spec D II exhaust on my S14, stock KA motor, no silencer, no resonator, 80mm piping, 115mm tip

Click Here (http://home.comcast.net/~jlougee/jerry/jergpexhaust.avi)

sr_sil80
03-17-2004, 07:53 PM
I'd be interested in a titanium exhaust for the 180, either GP sports, Target, or even a Titanium N1. if anyone knows of any deals, or knows of a group buy that i could join, let me know
thanks
sean
[email protected]

MadScientist
03-20-2004, 12:49 PM
Group Buy is OVER... pointless!! :mepoke:

bkfill
05-16-2004, 01:10 PM
still selling the Buddy Club Racing Spec II Exhaust?