PDA

View Full Version : s14 door trim warpped? or coming off.

jperez311
04-22-2012, 03:07 PM
well im trying to repaint my car but im looking for anyone that can help me with this problem

Have anyone experience this (picture should work)

well the picture shows the door trim is pushing itself away from the top of the window.

has anyone had this problem, and if so how did you solve this problem.
i dont want to buy a new one.

thank you

upsdude
04-22-2012, 03:10 PM
mine is doing that too :(

except that some of the rubber has worn away and i think water is getting into it when it rains. i was tempted to get some weather stripping from home depot and just wedge that shit in that gap lol

jperez311
04-22-2012, 03:15 PM
mine is doing that too :(

except that some of the rubber has worn away and i think water is getting into it when it rains. i was tempted to get some weather stripping from home depot and just wedge that shit in that gap lol

although i am worried about water, but i want it to be pushed the way its suppose to be. i dont want to start ripping it off and then i cant put it back on the right way.
i could shove some foam in there for now but i still want it fixed lol. trying to repaint my car

jperez311
04-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Does anyone know how to fix this????

Brentbohn
04-24-2012, 11:14 AM
I am using jdm rain visors to fill the gap,,, this is common area to get dented up when people break into them with screwdrivers, Id imagine you could reshape it or buy new from dealer

jperez311
04-24-2012, 11:18 AM
What visors you have if you don't mind me asking. And also pic please of the fitment. Im thinking of visors because Im goin got cover up that gap. Also I'm painting it and I know ima have some kind of paint imperfection in the gap

silviaks2nr
04-24-2012, 11:20 AM
I can't really tell wtf I'm looking at because your picture sucks, but if it's the rain channel above the window then it's NOT supposed to be flush with the roof.

jperez311
04-24-2012, 11:22 AM
I can't really tell wtf I'm looking at because your picture sucks, but if it's the rain channel above the window then it's NOT supposed to be flush with the roof.

Sorry didn't have a better camera. Maybe I could have done it better. But yes it's the top of the window. A few told me that gap wasn't suppose to be there.

blueshark123
04-24-2012, 11:36 AM
The gap is normal but not always to much. I cant tell shit from the pic you have, but you can take it off and just bend it back so it sits closer to the body. its not that hard to figure it out

Brentbohn
04-24-2012, 11:52 AM
just google jdm rain visors s14 they are all the same. Nissan is only one that makes them, scored mine from [email protected] 100 shipped I think. great transaction.

my car is black and they blend in perfectly.

If you want to see what they look like http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3975363/1998-nissan-240sx

thats my ride, look for the side view picture with the advans on it. they are small and flow well

Promise Land
04-24-2012, 11:54 AM
I have yet to see an S14 without the gap between the rain channel molding. If you find a good fix, post it up.