PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about this?

90white240
04-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Coupe Snoop: Congress wants all cars to be equipped with recording devices — RT (http://rt.com/usa/news/congress-map-cars-1813-484/)

Juantwo3
04-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Revolution!!!!!!!!!!!

Umbys
04-19-2012, 01:41 PM
not worried. Imagine how much money will have to be invested into installing all that crap into each and every car.....

STL240SXDRIFT
04-19-2012, 01:50 PM
“Not later than 180 days after the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary shall revise part 563 of title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, to require, beginning with model year 2015, that new passenger motor vehicles sold in the United States be equipped with an event data recorder that meets the requirements under that part,” explains the act.

I think we'll be ok...unless Nissan builds a 2015 240sx.

slowvia
04-19-2012, 03:03 PM
George Orwell anyone?
Sounds mysteriously similar to a "Telescreen"

TougeSR20Kid
04-19-2012, 04:48 PM
not worried. Imagine how much money will have to be invested into installing all that crap into each and every car.....

This! Dude itd be too expensive for our broke dick government to put this shit in every car. The only way they could do it is to make auto manufacturers install it on new cars as it states they are doing, u think GM's gonna do that ish for free, no they'll most likely tack it on to the price of these new cars and ppl would have to be idiots to pay more money to have the government spy on them in their own car... With that being said I wouldn't be surprised it the automotive lobbyists will beat this into submission. Cus after all wouldn't this affect sales? I know I would opt for a pre 2015 car if this were the case

Another thing is that they are gonna have to pay to have ppl listen in on all the recordings... That ain't gonna be cheap either, way to go Feds! Les climb into more spending on more bullshit we don't need.

But whatever if they go ahead and do this shit, I'll be relocating to the great white north

kingkilburn
04-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Sounds like I would be gutting the electronics of any new car equipped with something like this.

TougeSR20Kid
04-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Makes me think that ^^^^ that would be illegal, no? I dunno I'm all for that and with you on it killburn, but something tells me they would make that a big no no

cdlong
04-23-2012, 08:51 PM
This! Dude itd be too expensive for our broke dick government to put this shit in every car. The only way they could do it is to make auto manufacturers install it on new cars as it states they are doing, u think GM's gonna do that ish for free, no they'll most likely tack it on to the price of these new cars and ppl would have to be idiots to pay more money to have the government spy on them in their own car... With that being said I wouldn't be surprised it the automotive lobbyists will beat this into submission. Cus after all wouldn't this affect sales? I know I would opt for a pre 2015 car if this were the case

Another thing is that they are gonna have to pay to have ppl listen in on all the recordings... That ain't gonna be cheap either, way to go Feds! Les climb into more spending on more bullshit we don't need.

But whatever if they go ahead and do this shit, I'll be relocating to the great white north

Way to not read. Two posts up it says all new cars from 2015 on. It's also an event data recorder. It's like a black box in your car, only accessed in the case of an accident or likely getting arrested for a major traffic violation. Most new cars already have these, they save basic data (throttle position, stability control intervention, etc.) for the last 12 seconds or so. This act only standardizes what is recorded and for how long. I would imagine it also gives the government access to it whenever they want.

TougeSR20Kid
04-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Way to not read. Two posts up it says all new cars from 2015 on. It's also an event data recorder. It's like a black box in your car, only accessed in the case of an accident or likely getting arrested for a major traffic violation. Most new cars already have these, they save basic data (throttle position, stability control intervention, etc.) for the last 12 seconds or so. This act only standardizes what is recorded and for how long. I would imagine it also gives the government access to it whenever they want.

Really? Way to not read my post guy. "I would most likely opt to go with a pre 2015 car"... the fuck outa here

S14DB
04-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Way to not read. Two posts up it says all new cars from 2015 on. It's also an event data recorder. It's like a black box in your car, only accessed in the case of an accident or likely getting arrested for a major traffic violation. Most new cars already have these, they save basic data (throttle position, stability control intervention, etc.) for the last 12 seconds or so. This act only standardizes what is recorded and for how long. I would imagine it also gives the government access to it whenever they want.Exactly this already exists on cars. Even GM lol...
The section goes on to establish that the ownership of data collected by those devices will be the sole property of the owner of the automobile, but other provisions clearly authorize a challenge to this. A court may be granted access to that information “in furtherance of a legal proceeding,” and elsewhere in the bill it says that “the information is retrieved pursuant to an investigation or inspection authorized under section 1131(a) or 30166 of title 49, United States Code.”Which means they have to supeona access to it. There have been some cases where the insurance company has tried to claim ownership of the data.