PDA

View Full Version : How to Rev Higher?

Crab Walker
02-01-2004, 10:44 AM
Im just simply intrested in knowing what I could to to my motor to make it rev alot higher...? Any suggestions?

I was guessing, high lift cams with a large amount of valve overlap and reinforced springs, along with a good port polishing. Will that work on a turboed motor to increse power at higher rpms?

Dont really care if i sacrifice torque, just looking for a high revving powerplant with either the sr20det or the Ca18det motors.

Not trying to over rev the motor, just want to build a motor that can make power at higher rpms.

Jeff240sx
02-01-2004, 11:08 AM
Im just simply intrested in knowing what I could to to my motor to make it rev alot higher...? Any suggestions?

I was guessing, high lift cams with a large amount of valve overlap and reinforced springs, along with a good port polishing. Will that work on a turboed motor to increse power at higher rpms?

Dont really care if i sacrifice torque, just looking for a high revving powerplant with either the sr20det or the Ca18det motors.

Not trying to over rev the motor, just want to build a motor that can make power at higher rpms.

The CA can rev to 9 or 10k easy. Search google on tips how. The SR won't be reliable up there in my opinion, without a lot more money on keeping the head from flying apart.
-Jeff

Zemus
02-01-2004, 11:24 AM
You can make the KA Rev to 7-8k with some head work and a nice cam, but its hard to get it passed 8 seeing as how the Bore and Stroke are, you would have to De stroke it, or get some lighter pistons and Rods so that it can get going faster. If they are de stroked they can rev to 11, ive seen ppl make KA22Es and it reved to 11k.. crazy. But I say get the CA and do lil things to it, like cam and head work and it can rev to 9 with the right stuff and not alot of money.

Matt

Crab Walker
02-01-2004, 10:29 PM
But I say get the CA and do lil things to it, like cam and head work and it can rev to 9 with the right stuff and not alot of money.

Thanks, I think i'll do just that.

Im really trying to keep the block stock, and work on the head. I wana do the most I can to the head to squeeze thoes rpms out of it.

Just trying to find out all I can do to the head to get it done.

andrave
02-01-2004, 11:19 PM
if you get a ca18det, a reliable 9k redline is a set of solid lifters, valvesprings, retainers, hot cams, and forged rods away.
I had the sweetest cams for a CA.. 268/10.35, 270/10.35...
oh well I'm going kaTT now