PDA

View Full Version : Weird Sr starting problem. [Car runs fine]

Tedskiii
04-18-2012, 02:56 AM
Hello Zilvia, I've recently traded my Fasty for a clean Sr'd Coupe.

The car was running Cherry until one day I accidentally hit a button on the SAFC ! :duh:

Car was running like garbage because I couldnt remember the setting it was on. So me and my buddy ended up removing it all together. Car runs cherry again finally. But I do smell a little more gas than usual.

Here is my SAFC problem post from another website;

I'm having Apexi SAFC issues now.

The previous owner was running a z32 MAF, and it went out on him so he swapped the stock Sr on back in. He said the SAFC reset aswell when doing this, so I would need a re-tune? But if it reset it shouldnt effect the car at all should it? I've been DDing the car for since I got it with no problems.

The IN/OUT setting, from what I'm reading in the manual it says it's sensor numbers, and [Pressure is the menu selection]

He had the IN/OUT set at [01,01] and lastnight I accidentally hit one of the buttons and changed it to [09,01 !] The car instantly bogged and shut down. I then put it back to [01,01] And it ran fine the way home.

So this morning I went to the store and started the car up and it was bogging again, aswell as had a rough/spiked idle. It shut down too.

SO like an idiot I started second guessing myself thinking maybe I was supposed to put it at [00,00] instead? So I tried it and the car ran fine.

Later that day It started bogging/dying out again and I limped it to the gas station. I put it back to [01,01] Which I'm 100% sure it was when I got the car !

The car runs, but it boggs/draggs when I'm around 2-3k rpm, and just dosn't feel right at all. It's not peppy like it used to be. And when I stop the idle drops down to about 500? Then goes back up to around 950/1k.

Sorry for all that, just thought it might be useful^.

But anyways after all that we just removed the SAFC and I ran it stock.

Now after almost a month of running fine, when I start it up for the 1st time of the day the rpms start dropping and the car dies. Today I had to restart it twice now ! And it seems like it could get worse.

I plan on changing the plugs/oil this weekend, and possibly injector cleaner.

When the car warms up after a start it runs Cherry ! Boost and everything is fine. Just when I come to a stop the rpms drop pretty low and the car fights it, then they finally go up.

Could this mean I need a tune or something? Does it sound like it's getting too much fuel? Any ideas?

Heres my mod list; Nothing special.

Blacktop SR20DET
Blitz fmic
Greddy bov
Koyo aluminum radiator w/ electric fans
HKS downpipe to 3" into 4" truck tip
Apexi AVCR
Apexi SAFC [Recently removed]

Bov isn't recirculated.

Thanks Picture in a few min.

Tedskiii
04-18-2012, 03:09 AM
This is my first turbo car, and I plan on keeping it STOCK while I still learn more. So take it easy on me haha.

Heres a picture, I'ts a pretty clean swap !

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l507/t39clayton/7086360137_b18e26cced.jpg

Anyways, another question I had was if I removed the SAFC everything should of went back stock correct? Everything was good untill I accidentally hit the SAFC button ..

Thanks in advance !

Tedskiii
04-18-2012, 03:14 AM
Another.

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l507/t39clayton/6940288580_698806796a.jpg

Tedskiii
04-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Nothing yet?! Dang.

Tedskiii
04-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Heres a video I took before going to work. At night when I get off it's even worse. In fact this was probably one of the best starts in a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFMiDkhyGHA&feature=plcp&context=C41bda00VDvjVQa1PpcFOnI3GSJ7v6-sIyFC5DawAtA0ANbzJVFUo=

Tedskiii
04-18-2012, 11:08 PM
80 Views and still nothing? Dang ..

KiLLeR2001
04-18-2012, 11:14 PM
Check fuel pressure. Recirculate BOV. Check MAF/MAF wiring. Check spark plugs, most likely you need to replace them.

edit: Another sign of running rich could be a faulty O2 sensor.

Tedskiii
04-19-2012, 01:48 AM
Check fuel pressure. Recirculate BOV. Check MAF/MAF wiring. Check spark plugs, most likely you need to replace them.

edit: Another sign of running rich could be a faulty O2 sensor.

Changing plus this weekend, I'll clean the maf and wires.

The recirculating part, does this cost much. I remember seeing a how-to somewhere I think.

Tedskiii
04-19-2012, 01:58 AM
I'm getting ready to leave work, I'll post a night time cold start.

Tedskiii
04-19-2012, 03:20 AM
Heres the nighttime cold start !

Sr20det Cold Start at night. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEf89GFsyoA&context=C4548b87ADvjVQa1PpcFPCNW3_yubMZsG5QenJEk4l 3l761T3Uo2o=)

Tedskiii
04-20-2012, 04:12 AM
Anyone else haha?

Tedskiii
04-21-2012, 04:07 AM
Putting in work this weekend, hopefully it's all good when I'm done !